Author Topic: Avast is telling me my license is expired when it's not, and won't let me update  (Read 4556 times)

REDACTED

Currently, my computer says Avast is offline. I bring up the Avast window, tells me my subscription is expired.

Except it's not. If I go to the webpage and log in, it says I have a license that's good until Oct. 2015, and the both my computer and my roommate's computer have that license installed. If I download the license, Avast will bring up the Update window....which then sits there, doing nothing.

To add to my problem, if I go back to the Avast program window and click on the "Renew" button, I then get a screen that says "The content is temporarily unavailable. please try it again later."

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:05:38 PM by milar71 »

REDACTED

I am having the same trouble.  I keep getting a message that my license has expired but when I sign on it says the expiration date is Aug. 15, 2015.  What gives?  I also get a message that my computer is unprotected!

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Repair avast!:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Okay, fixed it!
I had been having issues with my Windows Start Up and didn't consider that the two might be related. So, I did a Windows CD repair, and everything's all good now. Currently doing a deep scan of my comp to make sure no bugs crawled into my system. ^_^