Author Topic: Here we go again...avast is slowing down my boot time by a lot  (Read 1970 times)

REDACTED

Here we go again...avast is slowing down my boot time by a lot
« on: October 04, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »
This hasn't been happening for a while but the problem is here again.

If Avast Home(latest version and updates)is installed(disabling anything from the settings is pointless,you must uninstall it to get fast boot time),once the desktop appear,the pc almost freeze,almost anything you try to run is not starting and after ~ 1 minute every program you tried to start it's starting at the same time.

It's like pause for 1 minute and then run all at once.
And there is another thing,why does AvastEmUpdate is starting and executing multiple things(I'm using FileMon to see it)even tho any kind of automatic updates checking is disabled(just for the test to see what's wrong)

WinXP SP3

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Here we go again...avast is slowing down my boot time by a lot
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »
Quote from Vlk (avast team):
EmUpdate allows us to push out critical product updates in case of some big issues where the main avast service is not able to start / crashing. Such situations, till EmUpdate was introduced, meant the user had to reinstall avast as there was no way for us to fix such problems from remote. With this new mechanism, we can push out fixes even to such issues.

You can tell avast to load after the system drivers are loaded.
Give that a try and see if it solve things for you.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »
I disabled the automatic update from everywhere I can find it(the program settings and the autorun avast! Emergency Update)but still,it will run the update check again.

And about the other thing,I already tried that(including disabling permanently all of the shields and all from Troubleshooting(enable in some cases to get the effect))but no effect at all.

I need to wait at least 1 minute before I can use the pc after the desktop appear...no hdd activity nor high cpu usage during that "pause" time

I can post FileMon log if it's needed
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:31:20 PM by vsub »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:34:33 PM »
Repairing and restart didn't work
Resetting the settings  and restart didn't work
Restoring the settings I exported before resetting them and then restart did work.

What gives