Author Topic: Is there a way to save sandboxed data?  (Read 2098 times)

Salty_Walty

Is there a way to save sandboxed data?
« on: December 11, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »
I have a question concerning the SafeZone and sandboxing.  The SafeZone is one of the reasons I purchased Avast Internet Security and I use it while logging into and checking on my banking information.  Sometimes I need to download my transactions from the bank to import into my financial software, but so far I have been unable to do this in the sandbox.  It downloads ok into the sandbox, but I cannot remove it to import it into my financial software running locally on my pc.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Steve

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Is there a way to save sandboxed data?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »
Hi, please go to Additional Protection -> SafeZone (or Sandbox) -> Expert Settings and in "Exclusions" add folder where you'll download your banking documents. All files saved in this folder will be excluded from the sandbox.

Your downloads are automatically detected in regular sandbox, but I forgot to implement it in SafeZone as well. This will be fixed in next avast version.

Thanks.

Salty_Walty

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
Thanks PK.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:18:50 PM »
Hi,
Just download your Financial Documents. Go to the location where financial documents got saved in the sandbox. Then copy or cut that document and save it in  ---> Network --->your PC Name--->FolderName

Then minimise avast safe zone. Go to My computer--->Network--->your PC name----->  FolderName

Now You can see the documents in your PC which you have downloaded in Avast safe Zone.

Hope it helps.