Author Topic: Aberrant scan window  (Read 1587 times)

REDACTED

Aberrant scan window
« on: October 05, 2014, 06:38:08 AM »
Regarding a scheduled Avast scan that results in a window prompting the scan that has just been done, I've searched the forum and realise it's a bug in 9.0.2021 that will apparently be corrected in the next program upgrade. I know that if you look in the Scan History you can see that 'no virus was found'. However I am getting more and more complaints about it. I always say "It's just a bug in the current Avast version, it will be corrected in the next version." But there is no timescale. Does anyone know when this next version that will correct the bug is due for release? To be able to give a date, or even an approximate date, would enable me to placate an awful lot of pissed of Avast users!

REDACTED

Re: Aberrant scan window
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 06:55:50 AM »
Can't tell you if avast! has tacled that issue for next release. We hope it does or did. About the date of the release. I would say that when avast! 2015 is ready; However, since last year avast! agreed to release its new version in October and since beta3 is being tested, I would say we are close to have the RC pretty soon. Better avast! irons out all those kinks. Don't you think so ?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Aberrant scan window
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:10:34 PM »
As far as I can tell, the bug has been solved in the beta release.
Let people be glad it is just a glitch in the UI and not in the detection  ;)