Author Topic: PC won't restart when Grimefighter set to begin  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Myles45

PC won't restart when Grimefighter set to begin
« on: August 01, 2014, 02:22:12 AM »
Hi,

Just downloaded Grimefighter  clicked on Optimize my PC then after it analyzes & says it will begin next time computer is started, when I shut down & PC tries to restart it cant, it does BIOS but stops & stall on blank screen before windows starts. Have left it like that for maybe 15 mins & still nothing, so hit pc off button & before it switches off it shows grimefighter full screen then shuts down. Then when I restart PC it runs as normal but Grimefighter has not done anything.

There seems to be virtually no settings to adjust on Grimefighter & virtually no instructions for use so I presume it just runs itself. It has picked up 8 Boot time, 21 Responsivness & 420 diskspace, but doesn't say what they are or give option to choose if you want to keep or delete them.

Any help appreciated

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: PC won't restart when Grimefighter set to begin
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:32:28 AM »
Hi Myles,

We had a server issue yesterday that we are working hard to fix.  This is the most likely cause of your issue.

We should have it resolved within a day or so.  Once that happens I'll post back here and you should be good to go.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, we do very much appreciate you as our customer.

Regards

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:59:56 PM »
... clicked on Optimize my PC then after it analyzes & says it will begin next time computer is started, when I shut down & PC tries to restart it cant

... stops & stall on blank screen before windows starts. Have left it like that for maybe 15 mins & still nothing,

Ditto to the above, except I've had to manually reboot / take battery out and unplug to get the laptop going again.  I've read through several posts here, but haven't found my solution yet. 

Do I really need to be connect to the internet via cable?  Could that be related?

I love avast, and really want to like GrimeFighter.   I would love suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »
Do I really need to be connect to the internet via cable?
It depends on your wifi adapter. Not all are supported. I heard that avast is working on a "blacklist" with adapters that are not supported. If and when it is published... I don't know.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:37:45 AM »
Do I really need to be connect to the internet via cable?
It depends on your wifi adapter. Not all are supported. I heard that avast is working on a "blacklist" with adapters that are not supported. If and when it is published... I don't know.

Thanks for the reply, Eddy! We're using the cell phone as a hot spot, so if I need to connect via a cable, I'll need to go elsewhere.  I CAN do that ... but do you think it's even worth a try? 

Meanwhile, any other suggestions on what to do or do you think I should just give up on the whole GrimeFighter scene?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 07:08:34 AM »
Hi,

Just downloaded Grimefighter  clicked on Optimize my PC then after it analyzes & says it will begin next time computer is started, when I shut down & PC tries to restart it cant, it does BIOS but stops & stall on blank screen before windows starts. Have left it like that for maybe 15 mins & still nothing, so hit pc off button & before it switches off it shows grimefighter full screen then shuts down. Then when I restart PC it runs as normal but Grimefighter has not done anything.

There seems to be virtually no settings to adjust on Grimefighter & virtually no instructions for use so I presume it just runs itself. It has picked up 8 Boot time, 21 Responsivness & 420 diskspace, but doesn't say what they are or give option to choose if you want to keep or delete them.

Any help appreciated

I have the exact same issue. Have left the cursor blinking on a blank screen overnight, eventually give up and turn off and on again with the power button. On a Sony Netbook running Windows 7. Am trying it with the internet (ethernet cable) plugged in instead of wi-fi now, but not hopeful.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 07:12:56 AM by Emma12 »