Author Topic: Which P2P is Avast compatible with?  (Read 1601 times)

REDACTED

Which P2P is Avast compatible with?
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »
Back early in 2013 I switched from Avast to MSE due some performance issues, however due MSE getting some really bad reviews and iirc there was an article in which even Microsoft stated that it would be better to switch to another AV program, so I've decided to go back to Avast again since it did give me the least problems comparing to other programs out there; the performance issue was likely due an hardware incompability so hopefully more luck this time (getting a new pc within a week).

Anyway onto the question, when I used Avast I remember it didn't really work well with my favorite P2P client which is Tixati.
If this is still the case I would like to ask is someone could provide me with a list of P2P clients that work with Avast?
I've done some searching on Google but so far without avail.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:56:35 PM by rein223322 »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Which P2P is Avast compatible with?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 06:22:59 PM »
avast has built in resident P2P scanning. Keep in mind that avast will only scan the executable
of the file and not the entire file. Only those parts of the file which are executable will be the
most hazardous. Using any torrent or P2P client has some inherent vulnerabilities. So...user beware.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Which P2P is Avast compatible with?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »
Avast protects P2P as any other program connecting to internet and downloading files. So, Tixati is covered.
The best things in life are free.