Author Topic: SMS Commands Not Working!  (Read 2663 times)

REDACTED

SMS Commands Not Working!
« on: September 12, 2014, 03:59:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have recently installed the Anti-Theft app on my LG G2 Mini running Android 4.4 KitKat, and today I made some tests sending SMS commands to it, and to my surprise, none of the commands worked!  :( I got the messeges, and the text was visible as expected in this version of Android, but nothing happened at all! Here's some information to help you guys help me out:

-I'm running a root installation of the Anti Theft, and my phone was adequately rooted before I installed it;
-Have made sure I'm sending the SMS in the correct format (e.g. 1234 LOCK, 1234 SIREN ON).
-Have made sure my password was correct;
-Have made sure the binary text feature is DISABLED (since the phone I'm sending the commands from is an old one and cannot run the application for using that feature);
-Have tried it with Google Hangouts as the SMS app, then switched back to the default SMS app, none of which worked;
-All of the commands work fine when I send them though the web portal, but not when I send them from another phone;
-Also tried sending them from a 3rd, different phone, for no avail.

I'm so much interested in purchasing the Premium version, mainly because of the photographing feature and the unlimited password protection for my apps, but as long as I cannot solve that, I don't think I would spend any bucks in this. Could anyone help, please?  :(

REDACTED

Re: SMS Commands Not Working!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:32:06 AM »
For me SMS Commands also aren't working.

Device: Motorola Moto G LTE
Android: 4.4.4 latest update
Program version: latest up., reinstalled
Texting app: default & Textra
Phone used to send commands: Blackberry 9790, Nexus 5, Nokia 630

All i get is text message with no execution of command.

Binary text - OFF
Only friend's phone numbers - OFF
Opening app by dialing PIN - WORKING
Web commands - WORKING

any suggestions ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:05:45 AM »
Did you read the information about the kitkat support and binary messages at time of installation? if you are sending plain SMS, there is no possibility how to catch them before system does (hangout especially), so it is recommended to use AMS to send binary messages to device where is antitheft installed. Also, because antitheft is not able to beat hangout in app race on kitkat, the SMS will be delivered as plain, so anyone can see you PIN. Please use AMS for sending binary messages or my.avast.com where you can send them too through web portal. Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 03:01:45 AM »
okay... I'll bite. What is AMS and where do read more about it or learn how to send a message via AMS?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
okay... I'll bite. What is AMS and where do read more about it or learn how to send a message via AMS?
See www.avast.com > support > FAQ
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:16:51 PM by Pondus »