Author Topic: Media Streaming Issues with Avast Internet Security Suite  (Read 1398 times)

REDACTED

Media Streaming Issues with Avast Internet Security Suite
« on: October 12, 2014, 12:17:34 AM »
I was running Avast Free version and had no problem streaming one of my favorite sites. In fact, I'm streaming it now on another Windows 7 computer running Avast Free version with no problem.

Yesterday I purchased Avast Internet Security suite and am running Avast program version 2014.9.0.2021 on a brand new laptop running a fresh installation of Windows 7 with all current updates.

I can stream Youtube videos without issue but cannot stream the video found at this url:
http://www.shepherdschapel.com/satellite-feed.htm

It just keeps acting as though it's loading without ever my seeing the video. So there's something about Avast that is preventing me from viewing that particular stream.

I added the url to my exclusions list to no avail. One thing I did notice is that I can view the video in the browser when in SafeZone mode.

Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't view that video stream while running in standard Windows 7 mode running Avast Internet Security suite?