Author Topic: Avast 2015 BETA RC1 10.0.2202  (Read 2882 times)

REDACTED

Avast 2015 BETA RC1 10.0.2202
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:09:49 PM »
This latest release is not usable for me. It semed to keep open task manager, at one point I had 8 services of TM running. It bogs down my machine and I have a recently built PC with 24 gb of memory. I tried to use the secure line-oops have to pay for that. Tried to use the Grunge thing- can't have to pay for that. It slowed down my browsing to something close to a dial up. It took me a great deal of time to even find the application settings. I thought that at an RC level it would almost be ready for release.. This is far from that point , at least for AIS.
It also would keep Firefox Processes running after it was closed. Sorry but I will wait for the final release.
The GUI is harder to use than the prior current release.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast 2015 BETA RC1 10.0.2202
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »
Sorry but I will wait for the final release.
sorry about what
test versions are released to find bugs before final release that is the purpose, and the more bugs reported the more are fixed in final release ...... we hope   ;)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
I'm not entirely sure this is a problem with avast!. If you've installed memory, i suggest you check up memory first, because it can make Windows do funky stuff when it's not running properly.

Try running MEMTEST (basic test, no need for thorough one) and see how it goes. You may also want to fire up ORTHOS tool and run the memory test. Just to be sure.

Firefox hanging in a memory is sort of a known issue and happens to quite a lot of users that don't use avast!. Not sure why but i know it happens. Though not with the latest builds of Firefox, at least not for me.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 11:37:21 PM »
The memory has been in my machine for two years. It is Corsair, The problem is Avast. I know that it is a RC and not a final product but most of the features one needs to pay for such as secure line and That Grunge thing. I paid for this software when I first bought it.. It has turned into a bloated all in one program that does not function as it should. There is no way that it shoul keep programs open and branding windows features as malware. I will wait and try the final release. if it is not better, I will move on.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »
Please report Beta issues in the Beta board so they are noticed and dealt with.