Author Topic: Scanning exception (BO2k)  (Read 4687 times)

Scanning exception (BO2k)
« on: August 13, 2005, 01:32:46 PM »
This may seem as a little odd question but I would like to ask if there is any way to make an exception in the scanning of malware on my computers. I found out that I would like to use a remote administration software on one of my computers so I headed to sourceforge.net and found Back Orifice 2000. Formerly (or still) a trojan horse it is now in SF.net databases as a remote administration software with lots of useful features. I believe that it may be safe enough to use it if I configure it by myself and install encryption plugins (and restrict it's access by Kerio Personal Firewall just to be sure). The problem I am getting is my Avast! antivirus that always detects it as a trojan horse and, of course, stops it. I tried to configure an exception but it is not possible for the resident shield. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Or, if there is no way to solve it, recommend a good free remote administration software?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Scanning exception (BO2k)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 02:54:32 PM »
I tried to configure an exception but it is not possible for the resident shield.

It is possible - there's a list of exclusions on the last page of Standard Shield configuration.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 04:05:55 PM »

It is possible - there's a list of exclusions on the last page of Standard Shield configuration.

Thank you. So it has to be set in two places. The exclusions list in the right mouse button menu of the system tray icon in Program Settings (I found only that one at first. It may have a different name - I am using a localized version) and the last tab in Standard Shield settings in the window activated by a double-click on the system tray icon.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 04:13:54 PM »
Yes that is correct.
1. Program Settings, Exclusions page relates to your on-demand scans.
2. Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, is a resident on-access scan in ignores the exclusions in 1. above. For obvious safety reasons when you are going to open a file the on-access scanner would scan it regardless of other exclusions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security