Author Topic: Problem with Grimefighter  (Read 9906 times)

REDACTED

Problem with Grimefighter
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:57:33 AM »
Hi, I have just bought Grimefighter as an add on to my Avast internet security. The problem is that it tells me Grimefighter will start after I have restarted my computer. After I have restarted it, Grimefighter tells me it is sedating my computer and then is connecting to the internet. The problem is I live in a remote area and I have to manually reconnect to wireless internet after I type in my password. I can't do this while my computer is sedated so it's a catch-22 situation. Grimefighter won't work while not connected and I can't connect while Grimefighter has my computer sedated. Any ideas?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Problem with Grimefighter
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:26:12 PM »
Grimefighter has issues and doesn't work with wireless.
Some of the Network cards are not supported.
Unfortunately, Avast has not made it clear which ones are not supported and obviously has not supplied Users with this information.
Extremely disappointing.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 11:46:30 PM »
Nice to know there has been no reply by Avast for this issue. GrimeFighter is  waste of money! Whats the point of a forum? If you don't help the community ie your customers!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »
I just subscribed to Grime Fighter, and get this is is not your fault but ours. Try later... what kinda shit is that? I also got that sedation message too, but nothing happen. Also there is no indication of grime on the avast display.... I am subscribed today for two years, but i wonder...

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »
I just subscribed to Grime Fighter, and get this is is not your fault but ours. Try later... what kinda shit is that? I also got that sedation message too, but nothing happen. Also there is no indication of grime on the avast display.... I am subscribed today for two years, but i wonder...

There has been much posted about this issue and others. I trust you did the appropriate research before hand.
"It's not you it's us" message has referred to "Server issues" I've read.
Further information here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=152968.0  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 03:32:21 AM »
It is a pitty that Avast having a good antivirus program, sells a defective product loke this (Grime Fighter).
You should stop selling a deffective product like this.

This type of issues will rest credibility to AVAST and will definitevly affect selling antivirus products. ( I am one of the them).

If you want to create an anti-troyan, backdoor product, make it as a stand alone like your antivirus with regular updating. I think it is a logical thinking do as I say. Just think about it. 

Stop selling this product . I bought 2 for 2 computers, could not make it intallation in my laptop, could installed it in my desktop but doesn't work because tell me to connect to the internet when the first thing my computer does at starting is connecting to the internet. Explain me this issue because I am connectet to the web ( by wire) and this Grime Fighter request me to connect to the internet when I am way long connected to the web.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
You see?  No one is answering. What kind of support is this?

Aniways, I already requested a refund.  Lets see how long is going to take for refunding.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »
Haven't heard from Avast support yet !!!!!!  incredible.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 02:15:25 PM »
Hi redcentinela,

I posted on another thread but will post the same here; please post your ticket number and I will make sure your refund is handled asap.

Apologies for not meeting your standards either with the product or with our support.  We really value our customers but in this case we have failed.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
So, are you fixing Grimefighter or should I get a refund as well?

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
I purchased grime fighter today as avast said I had issues that could be fixed on my Sony vaio. Even while entering details to pay I noticed keyboard was screwed (transposed @ and ")

At the mo grimefighter is still scanning but it just doesn't look right .. says I've got the option to shut down or reboot while it is running.

Great isn't it (not) you buy something because you THINK you might have some issues and it seems with this it ensures you WILL have issues!

I'm very confused! Wish I'd not bought it now.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:21:04 PM by Pat22 »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »
Hi Pat,

What was the final result of your GrimeFighter cleaning run?  It is typical that we give users the option to shut down or reboot during the scan because it can take some time to do that (on average a little over 1 hour). 

Look forward to hearing some additional feedback from your side.

Thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 09:07:34 PM »

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if Kaspersky or Sapphos might have been a better choice. About ready to quit EVERYTHING Avast!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 09:43:31 PM »
Lee,

you responded to a post that is over a year old.
Next to that, GrimeFighter has been gone for about 6 months.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 12:25:50 AM »

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if Kaspersky or Sapphos might have been a better choice. About ready to quit EVERYTHING Avast!

As Eddy said Grimefighter is gone, Replaced by Avast CleanUp:
Read Here:  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=172405.msg1224373#msg1224373

Also:https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB211