Author Topic: Avast support, disappointed  (Read 2793 times)

REDACTED

Avast support, disappointed
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:36:42 PM »
I can not find anywhere else to vent, I don't get any reply from Kind of Avast Support.

I have been an avast customer for many years, I have expanded the service to my mobile devices (Phones, tablets). My subscription expired for my mobile devices (avast secure line), I renewed the subription through ITunes twice because i never got confirmation, but still no confirmation. Payment went through twice, no confirmation, and software still shows expired. I reinstalled re entered code with same result.

Ticket ID: HAK-368-63124
It has been 1 month and my ticket has not been assigned.

My conclusion, "Avast Support does not exist", I will not be renewing any of my subscriptions with any avast products, nor will I Recommend Avast to anyone (this includes the free version).

It is sad that I have to resort to this action, perhaps Avast will begin some kind of support for their products in the future.

Thanks for Reading

Tim

REDACTED

Re: Avast support, disappointed
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »
I too am very, VERY disappointed in the AVAST product and lack of support.  I had Kasperksy Mobile (paid) on my phone and wasn't happy with the performance and several of my families phones.  After looking at numerous online reviews Avast surfaced as a leader.  So I uninstalled Kaspersky and installed Avast from Google Play.  Upon installation the install appeared to be working fine on my phone and I set it down.  Later I went back to use the device and it is asking me for a PIN.  I was not prompted to create a PIN during the AVAST setup, nor was I previously using a PIN with Kaspersky.  The software allows 10 attempts at a PIN and then it resets your phone back to factory settings!  I have 3 phone calls in to AVAST.  When you call Avasts 24x7 Support Line, they are only dedicated to the PC Software and will not direct you to another resource or escalate the issue within.  They send you to their "Customer Care Team" which sounds promising - but it is really just their billing department.  Customer Care then instructs you to enter a Service Ticket online.  Well I've done this and it is now day #2 and AVAST hasn't assigned the call ticket to anyone yet.  I called the Support Line again this morning who immediately transferred me to Customer Care who then told me "I called the wrong department".  After explaining the events leading up to the transfer Chris said "Hmmm, I can't help you, you'll have to wait for someone to respond to your ticket".  Unbelievable...  Avoid AVAST at all cost.  Both the product and the commitment to customer support is broken.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
Jets, did you create a new ticket or changed the current one ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 12:31:32 AM »
@brian6107, please, post your ticket number.
Also, do not submit another ticket as they're answered in FIFO order. That will make things worse indeed.
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »
I am sorry, you really have to deal with support in this case - only they have access to payments&licenses.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »
unfortunately Apple iTunes handles all refunds in this case. You need to contact them directly and ask for a refund.
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:14 AM »
So, we purchase this product at our own risk without any support?

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 07:19:28 AM »
No, you still have a support for an application, but in case you are buying the license / subscription through Apple Store, we have no chance to see how the payment looks like and why it does not pass; subscription is connected to your AppleID which is only one connection between you and Apple and we (avast) can not even see the AppleID.