Author Topic: NG memory consumption logs?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
NG memory consumption logs?
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:28:27 PM »
Are there by any chance any logs for NG excessive memory consumption or some kind of logs in general? I was just playing Alien:Isolation and all of the sudden Windows throws a message that there is a low memory situation and that it needs to close apps to regain memory... On a system with 18GB of RAM... While i also suspect the game itself or some other factor i want to snap the logs of avast! as fast as possible if there is anything in them if NG was by some odd chance the reason for this very unusual sighting. My first thought was that virtualbox somehow consumed all my RAM...

This is from my Event Viewer:
Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: AI.exe (4892) consumed 1908973568 bytes, AvastSvc.exe (1416) consumed 106524672 bytes, and CCC.exe (4248) consumed 100909056 bytes.

Though converting this into MB and the values seem perfectly reasonable. Which is why i'm confused even more... Where did the rest of the 18 GB go? Any ideas?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: NG memory consumption logs?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »
I've opened a new thread about disk consumption. My memory (knock wood) is ok.
But logs will help to understand what is happening...
The best things in life are free.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »
I don't know why you blame NG.
As you see, AI  occupies 1,9Gb, AvastSvc 106Mb, etc -- if you have 18Gb of RAM, what does TaskManager show? Especially Performance -> Paged/NonPaged, Cached/Available/Free, etc. Please watch your OS and let us know if you find something suspicious (your post unfortunately didn't tell where is your allocated memory).

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 11:31:47 AM »
I'm not blaming, it's just among the candidates because it's still in development phase (memory leaks?). Couldn't see task manager becasue entire system was pretty much stuck to extent i couldn't even open up task manager to see it. And when i killed everything and finally opened it it showed less than 2GB used as a whole.

I just wanted to check the logs if there are any, before more clutter gets in them afterwards = easier to find the reason... i mean, if avast! even logs such events (if it drastically exceeds memory usage) in any way..
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog