Author Topic: Why after I paid for a year subscirption does it still say free user?  (Read 3100 times)

REDACTED

I paid the $30 dollars for the year for my PC for the internet security. When I go to my.avast portal which is the same log in as my log in on my security suite, why does it say to purchase a license and that I am a free user? My Avast! on my end already upgraded to my paid version.  ??? :(

I also wanted to know if there was a easy way to upgrade my coverage to cover one more PC on my subscription without it costing me another $30 dollars? I know it gave me the option before, but i can no longer figure it out.  :o

Help Please?

REDACTED

Re: Why after I paid for a year subscirption does it still say free user?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 01:25:14 AM »
Did you ever find it out?   ???
Got the same problem.  :-\

Offline OndraM

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 07:37:59 PM »
Licenses are always valid for more devices. You should see your Internet Security license in your linceses list. To use the license on your new device, just open Avast on the new device, go to the Account section, login with the login details, that you have your licenses. You should immediately see the available licenses with the "Use license" button. Just click the button and Avast should start to upgrade to this license automatically.

We will check, why your current device mistakenly states wrong license.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
Be careful with what you download I bought 3 linence 2 months ago and downloaded from the wrong spot and wound up buy another on so now I have 4 cost was 70.00 I have sent in several tickets but they never reply not sure what to do... good luck

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »
So what was the reason and what does the "use license" button does?? I just found that my Avast Internet Security 2015 is showing the same. It says on Account - Licenses

Avast Internet Security ............................... [Use license]-button
Valid xx/xx/xxxx

Abit confusing!

Offline OndraM

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
Use license button will apply the license to the current device. If you have a Premium license, and install Avast Free AV, you can go to accout, and click the Use this license button next to your Premium license and your Avast will be automatically upgraded and licensed to Premium.