Author Topic: Grimefighter not compatible to Windows 8.1 (64 bit)  (Read 2690 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter not compatible to Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
« on: April 06, 2015, 03:27:23 PM »
I have been working to rebuild a windows 8.1 computer.  I had to buy the recovery disk since the person corrupted the recovery partition as well as forgot their password.  Basically the computer is only a few weeks old, the operating system is the factory default.  The person has a subscription to GrimeFighter.  I tried to put on GrimeFighter however it came back and told me that the operating system was not compatible.  I had the thought that maybe there was a problem with the computer. However I tested installing Grimefighter on 3 additional computers with 8.1, and I got the same message.

I wish Avast would admit this.  My only answer was that it was my computer and not their software.  This is why I attempted to install it on 3 other 8.1 computers.  I like the Avast Antivirus and always recommend it to customers.  The product doesn't bog down the computer, plus it is free for a non-commercial person.  I've used it for years with great success!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Grimefighter not compatible to Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:35:13 PM »
Only old versions of GrimeFighter are not compatible with Windows 8.1.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 05:03:56 PM »
AVAST has tried to install GF on my ASUS G20 with Win 8.1 and said GF is not compatible with my computer. They are implying that it is MY computer and not all Win 8.1. I must not understand today's software world. I thought it is the responsibility of the software developer to have the product compatible with the systems. I like the AVAST products but need to look for an alternative to GF.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 05:45:11 PM »
There a lots of free tools that you can use.
Some of them are :
MalwareByte

[url=http://www.glarysoft.com/]Glary Utilities