Author Topic: How to delete scheduled scans?  (Read 3225 times)

REDACTED

How to delete scheduled scans?
« on: October 20, 2014, 01:15:25 PM »
If you schedule a weekly scan, its not obvious to me where to see that such a scan is scheduled. As a result I have by accident scheduled TWO scans at the same time every week.  I have searched, but not been able to find where I can delete one of them. >:(
Moreover, if I am working on the pc when they start, I want to stop them, but sometimes a scan is running without showing in the traybar. The way i know, is that the pc gets very slow. There is no way to stop them (as far as I can see)  besides opening the site with the magnifying glass and go through the different scans that are mentioned there, and see if one of them are running at the time and if so, press stop.  >:(
But my mail problem is:  Where do I DELETE a weekly scheduled scan ?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: How to delete scheduled scans?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
Same spot where you've set it. I'm currently not on a system with avast!, but you can disable it in the same menu where you've enabled it.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »
Same spot where you've set it. I'm currently not on a system with avast!, but you can disable it in the same menu where you've enabled it.

You can disable but in V9 I think you cannot "delete" them....correct ?....sin't this one of things fixed in V10 ?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 06:33:35 PM »
The only scans you can delete are the ones you create.
You can un-schedule them. The default scans are always there
but you can either schedule them or not.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.