Author Topic: Your avast Internet Security protection expires in 285 days - popup  (Read 3051 times)

REDACTED

2 Choices - X out or renew. If I close the window it pops again in about 10 min.  WTF!  Also says my 33% off offer expires in 282 days. Why am I getting this crap?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Your avast Internet Security protection expires in 285 days - popup
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:46:06 PM »
What exact version of avast?
Why am I getting this crap?
Without knowing more, I would say because you haven't disabled the pop-ups.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:36:01 PM »
Pop Ups are always disabled.  All of them.    After closing the window 5 times (x out), it hasn't come back.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 08:41:30 PM »
Again, what exact version of avast?

Pop Ups are always disabled.  All of them.
How/where did you disabled them?

Keep in mind that we can't see your system.
You have to provide us the details.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
So the avast popup is telling you you have 285 days left - which in itself is a bit strange as the first renewal reminder you get is 60 days (I believe) and from 30 days left the Subscription section changes to allow for renewal of subscription.

I suspect that there might be some out of sync action going on, something reporting you need to renew, when that doesn't match the actual number of days left.

Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 or later - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Uninstall/Change and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to/should reboot after the repair.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 09:12:01 PM »
Will try the repair scenario.

Eddy,  You miss the point. What version I have or if I disabled pop ups is irrelevant (IMO) when receiving a popup from avast that I have 285 days left (9 1/2 mos) and 282 days on the special offer.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 11:23:13 PM »
So the avast popup is telling you you have 285 days left - which in itself is a bit strange as the first renewal reminder you get is 60 days (I believe) and from 30 days left the Subscription section changes to allow for renewal of subscription.
I'm pretty sure you're right about that first notice at 60 days, David.  I got my 60-day notice about a week ago, and to the best of my memory that was the first occasion on which avast "spoke up" about my registration.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent