Author Topic: Check for full screen applications doesn't work  (Read 17494 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Check for full screen applications doesn't work
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2005, 01:23:05 PM »
Yes, you're right. You can have an icon only during the update, not after...

See here Tech:

Igor, isn't there any way to completely abandon the "rising blue panel" with notifications ? Why not include something more simple... something that will not use that much of system resources when displayed. I also like to see those information displayed, and I would never ever disable pop-up notification... not even crossed my mind... but for sure, it would be great to have it a little less "agressive". Maybe something like flashing Taskbar button or something similar, so when you click on it you'll get full info, otherwise it would be hidden inside the taskbar. I mean, we all know that animations uses a lot of resources, so I believe that animation just makes that problem even bigger.

Regards !

That's from one of my previous replies... I would never want to completely hide notifications, just want to get rid of that annoying sliding panel. Maybe something like pop-up notification cloud that is already integral part of OS like Neron already mentioned.

Cheers !

P.S. Igor, thanks, that proves just one thing... that you guys always listen to your users and customers. Great attribute !  ;)
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2005, 01:27:17 PM »
No no no. I won't agree by totally hiding those sliding boxes. It's like hiding dust under the carpet instead of throwing it into the trash.
That tray update icon is useless because it shows on EACH update check and not on actual update only. And AVG7 Free doesn't show anything if you configure it that way.
I tried and it was completely silent.

Exactly, and if sometimes you are  temporary without the internet connection (because of some technical problems with your ISP), that icon sticks in system tray like glue... it just won't move from there unless you go to Task Manager and disable avast! update process. No point to stay there once it noticed there is no connection alive, but still it stays there.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2005, 03:51:52 PM »
And AVG7 Free doesn't show anything if you configure it that way. I tried and it was completely silent.
Can you send me an IM with the instructions or an email with the screenshot? Thanks.
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2005, 04:17:42 PM »
Ok,i'll install AVG in my VirtualPC...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog