Author Topic: How does one get a response from Avast?  (Read 5111 times)

REDACTED

How does one get a response from Avast?
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
4 weeks ago I purchased Grimefighter and it would not install on my computer. Avast technical support remotely accessed my computer and concluded and agreed that it could not be installed and that I was entitled to my money back.
I submitted a ticket giving this information 4 weeks ago and, apart from automated responses, have heard nothing else; no 'phone calls, e-mails - nothing (certainly not my money back). The support section told me that submitting a ticket was the only way of communicating with the accounts dept. of Avast - they refused to give me a 'phone number.
How do you get a reply out of Avast?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: How does one get a response from Avast?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »
Avast technical support remotely accessed my computer
Let me guess, you made a call? That is not avast but a third party that is only after your money. The never heard of anything even near to giving decent support.

What OS/SP do you have?
Are you getting a error when installing/trying to run GrimeFighter ?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:21:08 AM »
I am having the same issue, where I have submitted 3 tickets and have had no replies except for the automatic responses.  They have my money and I don't have the Licence Key.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »
Submitting multiple tickets/changing a ticket will put you back to the bottom of the stack.
Not only that is slowing down the process,
but it also means avast has to check more things which will slow the process even more down.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 07:38:35 PM »
I have asked for a refund from avast and have not got a response, only the no reply response.  I asked for a refund on 27th December and have not heard from anyone.

Ticket number WBI-404-18778    S Hammond.   Can someone please find out what is happening.  The Grimefighter didnt work and when i tried to use it said i got to pay, and i had already paid on my credit card.   I dont know how u can take money off me and Grime fighter doesnt work, please refund my money, I dont want to hear excuses about tickets going to bottom of queue, this is rubbish, can you not do any office work at all, are u not capable of resolving an issue and refunding an unsatisfied customer?

I will have to go to trading standards......    S Hammond

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 09:23:43 PM »
I too have asked for a refund.  ONLY because I was double charged.  Not sure how that happened. Am happy with service. I did get an E-Mail response. It said to click on link to find out status. Did so. Then says I have to log in. Did so and now there is no place to find anything out.  Fustrating. once again... cannot call anyone.  would be nice to actually talk to someone.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 11:48:29 AM »
I am experiencing similar behaviour,
I tend to believe that AVAST (office in Praga) are very quick at swallowing payments from credit card accounts, but DO NOT DELIVER.
I am considering a European legal action to get my money back.
Or delivery of a product which works.
Anyone who has received a working copy of Grime Fighter should testify.
Regards

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »
Mention the ticket number(s) here.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 01:10:46 PM »
Reading this thread, Avast seem a bit of a dodgy company, I certainly won't be passing any money over to them!!!! :o