Author Topic: Can i deactivate the Firewall Feature from Avast Internet Security?  (Read 2085 times)

REDACTED

HI Community,
is it possible to deactivate the Firewall from the "Internet Security" Program?

At the moment i use avast Antivirus Professional (as antivirus) and ZoneAlarm (as Firewall). (And i would like to keep it seperated iin that way)
I have another Computer in my household, which would need a complete Package with Antivirus + Firewall.
(so  "Avast Internet Security" might be perfect)

In 2 weeks i have to renew my license and want to know if i can take the "Internet Security Package" and use it once as complete package on 1 PC and on the other only as antivirus (deactivate the Firewall feature)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Can i deactivate the Firewall Feature from Avast Internet Security?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
You could always perform a custom install and choose not to install the firewall on the machine you don't need it on.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:39:53 PM »
Yes you can remove the firewall feature via custom install or the change feature, depending on how many systems your license covers is as to whether you can use it on more than one system.

When removing the firewall it is still Avast Internet Security whether you have the firewall or not so limitation depends on the licensed limit.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:44:55 PM »
You could always perform a custom install and choose not to install the firewall on the machine you don't need it on.

Ok, thank you very much for the fast Answer :)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »
You're welcome.