Author Topic: Rewards Issues  (Read 10990 times)

Offline kyuuketsuki_kurai

Rewards Issues
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:10:54 AM »
It's not a huge deal or anything, but none of my rewards seem to be registering.
Attachments:
1) Shows Community Option Checked, and you can see the badge next to it, greyed.
2) Shows not 1 but registered mobile devices, and greyed badges. Also, you can see the Internet Security Extension in the upper right, no badge.
3) Long-term? You can see here that I've been a member for 5 years, let alone 1. And it's been the same e-mail the whole time.

Like I said, none of these are huge or anything, but it seems like a neat feature, and I'd like to use it...

Alienware 17, Windows 10, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 8GB RAM, Avast 19.2, Chrome 72.0 64-bit

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Rewards Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:14:05 AM »
This new function is going to take some considerable time to take full effect - remember the number of avast users there, in excess of 200 million.

Whilst not all of them will have a my.avast.com account, would still represent huge numbers requiring analysis/review as to what they are linked to.

Heck, I have been using avast for over ten and a half years and have been on the forums for a similar time period, yet virtually all of the icons are grey. Note I call them icons, as I gave up collecting badges at school and the boys brigade.

For me this Karma thing is indicative of the social networking sites and I haven't registered for a single one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »
Karma points is an indicative on how you take actions to protect yourself and spread the word about Avast.
Scanning, for instance, rise your points as well as sharing in Facebook.
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »
Not sure who you reply is directed at - but I don't need gimmicks to A) protect my system (stay away from social networking ;D ) or B) spread the word about avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:02:34 PM »
 :) Well, overall a lot of work to do  ::) Premium user - not detected, 58+ recommendations - not detected, mobile security on Android - not detected, long term user - also  :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
:) Well, overall a lot of work to do  ::) Premium user - not detected, 58+ recommendations - not detected, mobile security on Android - not detected, long term user - also  :)

It really is pitiful the state of many accounts of users who have many years registered on the forums, which would sort of imply that they are avast users, yet it didn't even show being an avast user. Not to mention they have a my.avast.com account with multiple devices linked to the account, which would kind of support the fact that they are an avast user windows and android. Yet no recognition.

For me this gimmick is more likely to bite avast in the rear, if it isn't going to be accurate there is no point in doing it.

Offline OndraM

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:00:29 AM »
I have posted this couple of times, so I guess one more time won't hurt:

History of your accounts is currently processed, but going through  the whole history of 200mil users takes some time (a week or two). Once the job will be finished, your history will be accounted for and reflected in you badges and you karma.

Karma indicates your whole experience with Avast products and is a reflection of how well are you protecting yourself. We want to reward responsible Avast users and reaching certain Karma levels will entitle you to real rewards. (what will be rewards and to what karma levels it will be bound will be announced shortly)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »
Thanks. It explains a lot  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »
I have posted this couple of times, so I guess one more time won't hurt:

History of your accounts is currently processed, but going through  the whole history of 200mil users takes some time (a week or two). Once the job will be finished, your history will be accounted for and reflected in you badges and you karma.

Karma indicates your whole experience with Avast products and is a reflection of how well are you protecting yourself. We want to reward responsible Avast users and reaching certain Karma levels will entitle you to real rewards. (what will be rewards and to what karma levels it will be bound will be announced shortly)

Ondra, it would be good that, with your internal information, you can just post: "Yeah, it's there. Finished...". So we can know it is fully running :)

Offline OndraM

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:17:46 PM »
Will do! ....once it will be finished  ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 09:50:41 PM »
Thanks. We appreciate that :)

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 01:32:09 AM »
So I've been using Avast for more than 4 years and just upgraded to Pro and registered here on the forum. And I was wondering why, as others here have pointed out, I'm not getting credit for Long Term User (4+ years) and Mobile Security. I should think I'd have both, or do they take time to show up, since I just registered?

Online bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 02:59:40 AM »
So I've been using Avast for more than 4 years and just upgraded to Pro and registered here on the forum. And I was wondering why, as others here have pointed out, I'm not getting credit for Long Term User (4+ years) and Mobile Security. I should think I'd have both, or do they take time to show up, since I just registered?
Welcome to the forum. :)
I think you just answered your own question. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline OndraM

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »
I am afraid that only time starting with your registration will be included in your "Long term" badge.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:34 PM »
Hello  :)
I have one question.

Why I didn't get karma points for installing Mobile Security on my phone?  :(