Author Topic: Not sure where to even go with this...  (Read 2167 times)

REDACTED

Not sure where to even go with this...
« on: October 26, 2014, 03:25:49 AM »
I've been a paid subscriber to Avast products for a few years now.  My problem is this; I had four days left on my Avast Internet Security - 1 PC, 1 Year subscription for my desktop, so I renewed it and now the new subscription runs out in 369 days which makes sense to me; 365 plus the remaining four days I still had coming to me.  (This time however I didn't purchase the SecureLine for it.)
I then thought of my laptop and looked to see that it ran out in 52 days.  I said what the heck, I have some time, no big rush but I'll renew it now while I'm thinking about it and in the mood.  Now however, and much to my surprise,  I find that my Internet Security - 1 PC, 1 Year  and SecureLine - 1 PC, 1 Year subscriptions run out in 365 days!!!  Wait a minute! .... say what? It appears that Avast has decided to "rob" me of the remaining 52 days that I had coming to me.

IMO that really blows! Anybody at Avast have any ideas about restoring the time that has been taken from me?
The outcome of this matter will have a direct impact on my status as a customer in the future to be certain.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Not sure where to even go with this...
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »
Submitting a ticket is one option, just post one, as the response/action is 1st in 1st out. So multiple tickets or activity on the ticket could result in a longer time frame.

Another option is to contact Sales using the on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles. Give as much information as possible, date renewed, original expiry date, email address used, any receipt/transaction number, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security