Author Topic: Report HTTPS webpages that don't work with avast! 2015  (Read 2077 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Report HTTPS webpages that don't work with avast! 2015
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »
Do you experience problems with HTTPS (secure) webpage like certificate warnings, inability to login to your service or other secure HTTPS website connectivity issues?

Does disabling...
Main avast! menu -> Settings -> Active Protection -> Web Shield "Customize button" ->  Enable HTTPS scanning (uncheck this option)

...make the problematic webpage operational again? Please post the web address to the problematic webpage in question down below, so avast! team will be able to look into it and fix it.
Please also describe in detail what exactly doesn't work, so the problem can be resolved faster.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:49:01 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Report HTTPS webpages that don't work with avast! 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
www.slack.com

It keeps reconnecting to a team channel (retrying to connect) forever if HTTPS is enabled. Works fine without it. Creation of account will be required, because the webpage itself works fine even with HTTPS scanning, but actual team channels don't when you want to use the service.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:39:14 AM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:28:03 AM »
Yes.  Here is one (I posted under another thread).  I believe Avast may be breaking the Windows 8.1 update process:  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=158040.0 

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 12:23:48 PM »
Here is one.... play.spotify.com

Gregg