Author Topic: (Want a refund!) Grimefighter!  (Read 17754 times)

REDACTED

Re: (Want a refund!) Grimefighter!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 05:25:56 AM »
I ordered, paid for and followed instructions for downloading GrimeFighter on Nov. 5.  When it didn't install, I called Tech Support on Nov. 6 and was told the product was incompatible with my computer.  I filled out a ticket requesting a refund that day.  It is now Nov. 29 and not only have I not received the refund, but Avast has never even given me the courtesy of a reply.  They owe me $19.99 and I'd certainly appreciate hearing from a human being about when I might get it.  Thanks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 06:15:58 AM »
budruk, mention your ticket number here.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 06:14:21 AM »
me too, and i wont be paying for avast trial im on for 190 days or whatever, damage done to my system through your errors is gonna cost me more to repair

the most annoying thing is telling me i have no license!!

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 01:00:24 AM »
Have been an Avast Pro Antivirus user for several years.   Persuaded by Avast advertising to trial Grimefighter which I purchased and installed and first ran 4 November.   No noticeable performance change, ran again with same result over next two days.
Logged in to my Avast account 6 November and lodged a refund claim with complete details of the purchase record including the official purchase order and payment details.

Received on same date an emailed acknowledgement from Avast quoting Ticket Id VXC-695-59366.

Nothing further heard from Avast so have decided to register my complaint on this forum and sent a reminder to Avast that the ticket has not been actioned upon after almost a month despite claims that refunds will be promptly attended to.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 01:31:30 AM »
The Refund process is less then prompt, however there is definitely an issue here. Let's see if you get any better assurance here in this topic as you have provided your Ticket # and this topic has been monitored by Avast Team member Davidek.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »
Hi STEWIE,

I sent a mail to our refund team asking them to check the status on this asap.  Will let you know as soon as I hear more.  Should get some additional info today or tomorrow latest.

Sorry for the frustration this has undoubtedly caused.

Davidek

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »
Hi STEWIE,

Your refund was issued yesterday by us, might take a few days for your bank to process but it has been handled on our side.

Once again apologies for this situation.

-Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 04:04:26 AM »
I too want a refund from buying grimefighter. I have been a loyal avast customer for over five years and never really had any problems until I downloaded the full version and grimefighter now it is gonna cost me at least a hundred dollars to fix all the errors and problems avast has caused to my system. I have made out a ticket requesting a refund  on Nov. 29 ( #PWT-959-65518) and I still have not heard anything. When I contacted customer service they wanted to do a scan on my computer to see what they could do to fix my issue and created more errors and problems by doing this. Their staff is a bunch of pompous idiots that say they have the best and only viable product out  there. Then why are there so many unhappy customers requesting a refund?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »
When I contacted customer service they wanted to do a scan on my computer to see what they could do to fix my issue and created more errors and problems by doing this. Their staff is a bunch of pompous idiots that say they have the best and only viable product out  there.
Those are not people from avast but a third company as has been explained many times already. Please use the search option before posting and read. avast has never said they have the only viable product in this category.

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 05:56:59 AM »
"Those are not people from avast but a third company as has been explained many times already. Please use the search option before posting and read. avast has never said they have the only viable product in this category. "

The phone number is posted on Avast's support page and use the name Avast therefore they are Avast. There is a very simple solution to this problem. If Avast as a company doesn't want to get a bad rap from this so called 'third party' company then they need to tell those ppl to stop saying they are with Avast and stop advertising that phone number as Avast's customer support. As for your condisending attitude I don't appreciate it and it gives me even more reason to not want to use Avast anymore. I am a paying customer, and as stated before loyal for over five years and I expect a bit more from a company that claims to want good customer relationships. Avast is really losing any loyalty that I still have and is leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »
The phone number is posted on Avast's support page and use the name Avast therefore they are Avast.
No, that is not how it works.  avast is responsible for hiring them and for the taking care that they do a good job, but they aren't part of avast. It is still a separate company.

avast is working on improving things, but that can't be done overnight.
Amongst other things, there are the agreements in contracts that they have to follow.
If it was as simple as just removing the phone number from the website and say to them "screw it", avast would have done so.
As for your condisending attitude I don't appreciate it and it gives me even more reason to not want to use Avast anymore
I'm not working for avast. I was a paid customer and now are only using the free version. With all the current problems I don't feel it is worth spending my money on.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »
Hi djsilvertail,

I contacted our refund team just now and asked them to expedite your ticket.  I am curious to know what issues you ran into with the product that have caused you to seek out a refund.  We value your feedback, even when it isn't positive, because it helps us to improve it.

Thanks and regards,

Davidek

Offline cd5762

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 03:20:17 AM »
Ticket ID# PXZ-363-92531
Hi Davidek, i to am a long time lover of Avast - I too rcvd an email - Saying Upgrade (Pay) Now - I did - by doing so i LOST 69 Days of my Year(s) long acct.
i was told 11/25/2014 that it would be taken care of Right Away! - Now 14 day's later! - I'm Told it will Take 45 to 50 day's More (Or NO Refund!) - What's Going On with the Number #1 (In My & My Family's Book ) Security Co. ? - I just want to use my bucks until it's time to Re-UP again, Please!

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 06:24:29 AM »
Thanks Davidek, the main problems I was running into with Avast products was as soon as I updated to the paid version my computer slowed down, and I was getting weird windows errors that I wasn't before. This caused me to purchase grimefighter thinking maybe it was all the grime that Avast kept saying I had. I ran grimefighter and it got even worse. My computer would get a black screen everytime I would turn on my computer, and it took a good ten minutes to boot up when it actually would go thru. Once I was on my computer and playing my games or browsing the net my computer would freeze or kick me off my wifi. Not to mention Avast not allowing programs thru the firewall when everything had been allowed. I then disabled Avast and installed another program which found a bunch of viruses, pups and crap that avast never even noticed. I cleaned up my computer with this new program and contacted the customer support team on the phone and that's when they told me Avast wasn't working because I had other programs on my computer and they were conflicting. I tried to explain that this is not true as I didn't have the new program until I had disabled Avast but they wouldn't listen and told me that I had windows errors going back to January (which is not true as I had my computer professionally redone in October.) I tried to explain this to the tech on the phone and that is when he went on his 'avast is the best and only choice and we are the only ones trained to fix your computer properly because we are microsoft trained' bull. He then tried to sell me there year of 'professional help' and I told him I was not interested. A few hours later my computer started crashing and I was getting windows errors up the wazoo. I contacted my local tech support that wiped my computer and had them take a look. They found viruses and crap embedded in my computer that should not be there. This whole process has already cost me over fifty bucks (not including the price of grimefighter) and lets not forget all the fustration and headaches of the past few weeks. Anyways like I have said before I was a loyal customer and therefore maybe I expect more out of Avast but they way things are going right now I have lost my trust and I'm rapidly losing my faith in the process. I just want my money back plz and would like t call this disagreement closed.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »
and installed another program which found a bunch of viruses, pups and crap that avast never even noticed.
What exactly did you install? Keep in mind that there is no application that can detect/fix everything.