Author Topic: AIS is changing my active network profile in windows 7  (Read 20608 times)

darkhalf

Re: AIS is changing my active network profile in windows 7
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 12:00:10 AM »
Its a confirmed bug in Avast. As per my previous post you need to Settings / Troubleshooting / untick "Enable avast! self-defense module in the interim to workaround it until the next update

DevilDogs

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2014, 06:26:28 AM »
Confirmed bug?  Maybe they need to tell their 24x7 support.  I called in last night and the guy told me that it was a problem with the program I was using, not Avast.  I was using Windows Explorer to share files!  The guy kept referring to my LAN as the Internet!  Dude, big difference between my LAN and the Internet.

I had been using the free Avast AV, but decided I needed a little more protection.  I guess Avast decided I needed a lot more protection by keeping me from sharing files, and printers.  I hope this gets fixed soon.  I'm going to try the troubleshooting tip mentioned above.  If that doesn't work, I might revert back to the free AV until they get this fixed.

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »
 ;)

Within the time of last post and now, avast have realesed a patch that solved this bug, I can confirme this in my two computers running avast internet security.

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »
I have Avast Internet security 2015.10.0.2206 and network profile sometimes changes from home to public, last time, during windows 7 start today. It is really annoying!