Author Topic: GrimeFighter + wifi ... yes or no ?  (Read 2443 times)

REDACTED

GrimeFighter + wifi ... yes or no ?
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
Hi people,

A lot of people seems to have problems with GrimeFighter which is not my case, the software is running fine except that the display is nicer on PC running Nvidia GTX 760 than the one running GTX 550. Driver issue ? Anyway.....

My real problem is that GrimeFighter clearly needs an internet connection to run and on all my "cabled" pcs its running fine. I have a laptop (wireless connection) that cannot connect to the SSID i see on the GrimeFighter page ? What is it supposed to do when i click on the SSID ? Is it supposed to open a new windows and let me enter the PSK of the SSID ? I supposed the software is supposed to connect to a wireless network if the option is there ? I dont see any posts from Avast people saying that it is a known bug and that dev team is working on that.

On the same way, I see, in Windows, that i can launch GrimeFighter at a specified time and tell it to reboot automatically after the scan, i'm not seeing any "wireless config" stuff so I'm wondering how GrimeFighter will be able to connect to my network automatically ?

Thanks !

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: GrimeFighter + wifi ... yes or no ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:31:26 PM »
I supposed the software is supposed to connect to a wireless network if the option is there ?
Yes and no. It can work on a wireless network, but not all wireless adapters are supported. It could very well be that your's isn't. Not too long ago avast was thinking about creating a list with (non?) supported adapter. I don't know if they are already working on it or not. For now I would say connect the laptop with a wire if you want to run GrimeFighter.

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter + wifi ... yes or no ?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:00:48 AM »
Thank you for your answer.