Author Topic: I can not add new device  (Read 2733 times)

REDACTED

I can not add new device
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:36:38 AM »
Hi everyone!
I can not add the new device at my.avast.com. I pressed the button "Secure another device" system offered me to choose a platform, I choose Android and then new tab appeared but it offered me to download Avast free mobile security. This application is alredy installed. I tested it on my smartphone, tablet and PC. Situation is the same...
Thank you in advance!
Nelly

REDACTED

Re: I can not add new device
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »
I'm having this problem also, interested in a solution.  Thanks

Offline OndraM

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 05:48:16 PM »
You need to open Avast on you mobile phone, choose the menu in the top right corner and Choose Sign in to Avast Account.
This will pair your device with your account

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 04:42:38 PM »
I'm having the same problem but I'm trying add a PC.  I have a valid license and an open slot but the account page shows the license as expired. 

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 04:45:23 AM »
I have a new laptop where Avast free is already installed and want to add it to my devices.
I have opened my account in that device and it shows all my other devices but not this one. When I click on "add new device" it asks me to install Avast free which is already installed. Just to try what happens, I followed the install procedure. The pc restarted but everything was as before. All other devices shown but not this one. So I suspected that I mayhave had registred avast previously with another email address and tried to check this but cannot find any way to see under which name avast had been registered.
Can anybody tell me where I find this setting and how I can change it just in case? There seems to be no way to open my account from the application itself, I can only open it via the web browser.