Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 1625 times)

REDACTED

Help!!!
« on: November 01, 2014, 05:07:39 PM »
I recently downloaded on my galaxy s4 mini the non-rooted version of avast mobile security. I created the fake app, added phone numbers, set the pin, and set the app icon to dissapear, so that I could only turn it on from calling the pin number. At some point I decided to uninstall it because I change sim cards often and it might cause trouble. I uninstalled the fake app, but then the pin wouldn't work - I don't know if this is the result of me deleting the fake app or if I for some reason forgot about it- .I went to the downloaded apps and pressed "uninstall" at the original avast mobile security app, so now both app icons have disappeared. Problem is, I think uninstalling it is a bit trickier than that, you have to do it through the app or something, and I will really soon need to change my sim card, which could turn out reaaaaaly bad if it's still on. Help??? Is it still on my phone? And if it comes to the worst, would completely resetting my phone help? Like, returning it to default settings?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:21:26 PM by nikilnrd »

REDACTED

Re: Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
You are probably talking about anti-theft; the best way how to remove it is to install avast mobile security and use the feature antitheft removal wizard. In case you will be asked for PIN, please insert the one you have set - in case it will not be possible please use four nulls.