Author Topic: Do NOT buy Avast SecureLine  (Read 22101 times)

REDACTED

Do NOT buy Avast SecureLine
« on: October 28, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »
I downloaded free trial version, after it had expired I bought one month subscription for $7.99. They sent me an e-mail with link to download the installation file, which lead to 404 error (http://secureline.tools.avast.com/tools/secureline/Avast_secureline_setup.exe). Also there was attached license file. Anyway, I opened my already installed trial version which said "Your subscription has expired". I inserted license file and got message "Your license file has been inserted successfully". Then I was advised that license was valid and was prompted to connect.

However, after an attempt to connect I got the message saying "Sorry, the SecureLine server has refused your license file". And then the program said again "Your subscription has expired".

These steps can be repeated many times, nothing changes and SecureLine does not work. I installed and deinstalled it many times, rebooted the PC many times. Nothing helps. And I have seen many people in this thread complaining without any solutions offered. So I will never use Avast SecureLine again. I am only happy that I haven't bought 1 or 2 years subscription which are more expensive.

Offline irongod

Re: Do NOT buy Avast SecureLine
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 04:22:23 PM »
Last year I used a couple of times Secureline and there were some days that when got the message (I recall once it was not working for 2/3 days!)... the problem was usually due to Avast server problems and not to the licences... nevertheless I agree that when you buy a 30 days subscription and the 2/3 day it does not work is pretty bad and you should get some kind of compensation automatically. Secureline is probably the most expensive service they provide and being unstable is not the best  :-\

Have you tried to open a Ticket on the service support?
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:07:20 PM »
Also, there have been recent reports of Server issues over the last couple of weeks. It may already have been resolved.
I have purchased full year subscriptions in the past, and would also confirm, that the reliability of this service was not there to the level I needed.
There are still issues. :-\

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 02:26:13 PM »
hello diebriefe,

did you open a support ticket?  This should like an issue we could solve if you could send us your log file.  You can get that by going to Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log, then find the SecureLine.txt file

That would give us the information we would need to identify your problem.

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 12:51:59 PM »
did you open a support ticket?  This should like an issue we could solve if you could send us your log file.  You can get that by going to Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log, then find the SecureLine.txt file
I have found SecureLine.log file, what to do further?

Offline irongod

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »
you have to create a ticket here

https://support.avast.com/

submitting the relevant information.

Usually withing few days (hope to say nothing wrong!) you are contacted by a technician that will help.
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 05:06:10 PM »
I have found SecureLine.log file, what to do further?

Also, After you submit a ticket you could post back here when you've been helped let us know how things turned out. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »
Ok, guys, thanks. I did as you advised. Let's see.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »
Hi diebriefe,

Can you please post your ticket number here so I can follow up directly?  thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 09:58:25 PM »
Can you please post your ticket number here so I can follow up directly?
Ticket ID: PLB-655-17271
Support replied very fast but basically they sent me another license file which did not work either. I have to look for something else.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »
Hello Diebriefe,

Just wanted to let you know that your refund was processed today.  It usually takes a few days until the bank processes the refund but it is on it's way to your account now.

Sorry for the delay in responding and for the bad experience.

Regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
Program worked fine for 2 months at least, then after i was charged for November something went wrong and the program constantly shows that my subscription has expired even though i was charged. Nov 2nd I sent a ticket, no reply yet. Unable to find where i cancel my recurring subscription to this program because my profile page shows no evidence of me ever purchasing. Now i have to contact my bank to block avast's billing specifically.  Are there any issues like this with the upgraded main avast program?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »
Program worked fine for 2 months at least, then after i was charged for November something went wrong and the program constantly shows that my subscription has expired even though i was charged. Nov 2nd I sent a ticket, no reply yet. Unable to find where i cancel my recurring subscription to this program because my profile page shows no evidence of me ever purchasing. Now i have to contact my bank to block avast's billing specifically.  Are there any issues like this with the upgraded main avast program?

Hi and welcome,
If you start your own Topic/Thread and explain your specific situation/issue giving as much detail as possible, then possibly someone can help. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
Hello Diebriefe,

Just wanted to let you know that your refund was processed today.  It usually takes a few days until the bank processes the refund but it is on it's way to your account now.

I got the refund, thanks. But really pity that I could not use SecureLine, it was quite helpful program and it worked pretty fine half a year ago.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »
Hello Diebriefe,

I got the refund, thanks. But really pity that I could not use SecureLine, it was quite helpful program and it worked pretty fine half a year ago.

@ diebriefe
It's good to hear you have been refunded. :)

Following this Topic, I would be interested in 'what exactly the issue was'??
Did anyone from Avast, after you sent the "Log information" and details, get back to you with the "Reason for your License issues".
Did Avast find the Resolution?