Author Topic: Do NOT buy Avast SecureLine  (Read 22100 times)

REDACTED

Re: Do NOT buy Avast SecureLine
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 01:34:17 AM »
still no reply to my ticket from nov 2nd. Still being charged for a program that doesn't work.  Completely forgot to contact my bank about this.   8)  Quite finished with avast now.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 10:45:32 AM »
Hi nihilite01,

Really sorry for this inconvenience.  Could you please send me your log file?

It can be found at C:. Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log.  The file is named SecureLine.txt

This should definitely help us figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks,

David

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »
im buy - :D
lisenssi too
and format and pc -
i have 2 pc  :o

i have troble because my lisence --

its count -- 2 times ..my pc -- :-[

programm not see its same machine--

if u --load new windows-or different-ver --

i pay -too much -

ewewrythingh  pay ---avast-- :o
parts-  vpn --must be free -
its exepensiewe --pogramm--too to mee- :-X :o

i  load next F-secure- ???
its better -
i think--

sorry must see-

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 01:20:39 PM »
Hi,

Please send me your log file.  You can get that by going to C: Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log.  The log file is named secureline.txt

This should help us identify the problem.

Thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
@ diebriefe
It's good to hear you have been refunded. :)

Following this Topic, I would be interested in 'what exactly the issue was'??
Did anyone from Avast, after you sent the "Log information" and details, get back to you with the "Reason for your License issues".
Did Avast find the Resolution?

The issue is described in the start post of the topic. Unfortunately Avast could not find the resolution. Now I'm thinking to try again and purchase new license.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 06:07:37 PM »
When I'm trying to do something with SecureLine, Avast returns message "Your Avast SecureLine VPN has been permanently blocked"

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 06:14:09 PM »
When I'm trying to do something with SecureLine, Avast returns message "Your Avast SecureLine VPN has been permanently blocked"
Hmmm, did you do something illegal or inappropriate..!?
-> https://www.avast.com/acceptable-use-policy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »
Hi, some time passed... I changed my pc (and also switched to Windows 8 from Windows 7). Time being SecureLine is working. Let's see.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 01:09:45 PM »
Am I doing something incorrectly? I purchased a 2 year license from Avast's website from my home PC for BOTH
1. Anti-virus
and
2. Secureline

because it advertised that i could install them on ALL my devices ie: PC's/Laptop/Tablet or Mobile Phones

Well I have ONLY been able to install and activate those two products on my PC and Laptop BUT my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge)
or Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Pro 12) are UNABLE to run either of my purchased products. They both will only install the free anti-virus and the trial version of secureline.

When I log into my Avast account from my PC and PUSH the anti-virus to be installed on my cell phone it DOES install it BUT only the free version and NOT the PRO version which I PAID for? No matter how many times I uninstall it or clear the app data and reboot the devices there is NO way to get pro version of the anti-virus or secureline to install or run. YET if you download the free version from Google Play it gives you the option to upgrade to the premium version so is that the same as the Pro version?

Same is true with the SecureLine product. Works great on PC and Laptop but when installed on mobile device it doesn't recognize my VALID license file which I downloaded from Avast (My Account) after my purchase and saved it on my phone and browsed to it so the avast software would know where to look.

After two hours of BS trying to get this to work I read somewhere on Avasts website that purchased license files can only be used on the same platform? So I can't believe I am understanding this correctly. I was SOLD because the advertisement said "USE on ALL Devices" but when I try to use on ALL my devices it doesn't work? I promise I am not missing any hidden option to get it to work as I have tried every path there was to follow and Nothing leads to it working. I simply can't understand how the claim can be made that your purchase will work on all devices and then find on a support page 15 posts deep that an Avast person is telling a user that they need a DROID purchased license to work on a droid product? SO that means the TWO license I own DO NOT work on all devices "UNLESS" All devices have windows running on them which really means your PHONE and TABLET MUST be a windows based product, AVAST PLEASE Answer is that correct? Avast please clarify for you user base. I specifically made my purchase BASED on the statement that my purchased product "NOT THE FREE VERSION" would run on ALL my devices that includes a PC, Laptop, Tablet and TWO cell phones BUT nowhere does it say all devices must be windows based. Each 2 year license I own anti-virus and secureline fail to work on either our phones (mine or my wife) or our tablet. Please advise....

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
Licensing is per platform.