Author Topic: Providers list too big? I have an idea :)  (Read 28504 times)

MFB

Re: Providers list too big? I have an idea :)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 12:28:16 AM »
I would stare at those resident providers for weeks..... 8)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »
Haha, you are silly my friend... but sure it would make many of us very, very happy (as far as I can see at least from this thread and all those replies) if Alwil consider these icons for some of avast!'s upcoming program updates... still... no one contacted me yet, and I believe it will stay that way... as it seems...  :-\ :'(
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

MFB

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 12:38:07 AM »
We'll just have to wait, they must be pretty busy at the moment.   :) 

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 12:46:54 AM »
No, I don't believe in that my friend... it's happening little bit too often now... >:( It looks like outside graphical related suggestions aren't welcome...  ::) And all I wanted is to see this wonderful antivirus even prettier... it si possible, we have a proof now...  ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 02:46:27 AM by Slaaaaap! Hihihi »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Atomic_Ed

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 03:58:46 AM »
Wow those are terrific ideas and great icons! I sure hope Alwil uses them.

hbkh

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 04:45:07 AM »
Thats amazing work, Great Job! Heres another vote from me to put in the next version!  ;D

Neron

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 09:10:18 AM »
Why don't you make a VOTE topic ???
Maybe alwil will see if there is 100% activity for -I want these icons  :D :D :D :D ::) ;) ;)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 12:38:22 PM »
Believe me Neron... Voting will not change anything, even if you have 800% of votes. It's just not how it works in this case. Alwil is the only one who can decide will they use these icons or not. Even if you guys vote with only 5% of votes to have those icons in next program update, and Alwil decide to use them anyway, their word will be finall... same thing if you have 100% of votes for new icons... nothing will change their mind, until they decide what to do...

I personally don't see anything wrong in using some "outside" source (other than Alwil) icons. I just wanted to help a bit...

darth.mikey

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 12:39:55 PM »
I think Alwil should hire you Sasha  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 12:48:43 PM »
We have healthy support in this topic for the icons and an active thread, not getting attention from the people who matter Alwil (I doubt that would change with a poll). I have always believed in function over aesthetics any day, so if this is a low priority for the Alwil team I can appreciate that and all they have to do is say that is the case.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Ricky2005

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2005, 12:59:21 PM »
and pay you sasha lol

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 01:22:29 PM »
We have healthy support in this topic for the icons and an active thread, not getting attention from the people who matter Alwil (I doubt that would change with a poll). I have always believed in function over aesthetics any day, so if this is a low priority for the Alwil team I can appreciate that and all they have to do is say that is the case.

Well, I posted a picture of BitDefender... nothing to "crowdy" over there. Aesthetics IMHO is perfect when it comes to that antivirus. Unbelievable clean interface with easy to follow options, and most important thing, that antivirus works like a charm.

Aesthetics is important and it will always be. Look sells and we all know that. Billions of dollars are spent each year on designing products, and the only two reasons are because products becomes more attractive to the human's eye, and second one even more important, it sells products. No one can say design is less important than something else. It's normal part of every serious business. All I can see here is that soooo many people said they would like to see those icons. I am just no budy, and to tell the truth, I don't even care any more are those icons are considered or not... I just made them, and if they like them, they are free to use them... if not, that will not be my only work that will be thrown away... not the first, not the last. Life goes on...

Again, aesthetics is very important in every aspect of our life. Let's make completely "naked" DOS looking GUI for avast! and make it default and even the only one skin for our antivirus. I'm sure many people would like that, but I am also sure much more would be very unhappy with GUI like that... so, graphic is important. Suit doesn't make a man... another thing that's not true. Try to go and find some job, apply with your resume and appear dressed as a homeless. No one will even look at you, and that's the truth... painful but true. I don't like that, but that's the way this damn World works...

FastGame

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2005, 03:31:57 PM »
 sasha ? why don't you just make the skin and we can use it on our own choosing ?

You can have your independent skin collection, RejZoR could host them on his site :D

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2005, 03:53:58 PM »
The biggest problem my friend is... I can not control or "skin" the On-Access Scanner's interface, and all those icons are for On-Access Scanner  :-\ That's the main problem...

joooo

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2005, 07:27:24 PM »
A suggestion. 
It also changes the icon in the bar of tasks. 
He would be very pretty if the icon was as the in-access, with a better appearance. 
I have an idea:  If the icon to be with blue a transparent one, and the a was turning as it is, would be legal.
 Please, they say what they find.