Author Topic: Avast Secure Line Issue  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Avaster654457

Avast Secure Line Issue
« on: October 30, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
1) I am currently using the 3 day trail but when i leave my computer on for a while and come back to it the VPN has alwasy disconnected? WHy is this, is this issue being looked into?

2) Strangely the VPN does NOT connect/start up when windows starts, is there a way to automate this

3) When i do connect to the VPN a pop up comes up saying you are connected... Is there a way to not have this popup or to minimize it automatically or sooner?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Secure Line Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:28:25 PM »
when i leave my computer on for a while and come back to it the VPN has alwasy disconnected
Most likely caused by your power saving settings. Disable them.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
Hi,

Regarding the other 2 remarks, we don't have an auto-connect feature at the moment.  We are considering a whitelisting feature where SecureLine would auto-connect when you go to those sites on the whitelist.  Also, we don't have a way to minimize or hide the window that appears when you connect but it's an interesting idea, will follow up with the Dev team.

Thanks for the feedback :-)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
@ Avaster
In addition to Davidek's information I would add that there is a setting that when checked will cause Secureline to "connect automatically" IF AN unsecured Network is detected. Airports, wifi cafés etc. which to my understanding was the original intent of Secureline> to protect the user when connecting to "Unsecured Networks"

It's been my experience that if you are connecting to a "Secured Network" in your home/Office for example, then basically you're safe and Secureline won't connect automatically.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:57:46 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »
I HATE Avast because you have to depend on other users for help - tech support is so unreliable.  I have issues with billing as there is NO was to get them on the phone and when you have separate account numbers for 2 items - they seem to intentionally rebill - its deliberate bait and switch billing - quite unfair!

Offline Avaster654457

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 12:08:26 AM »
My power settings are all set to there hihest levels so this could not be the issue

Unfortunely my free trail has ran out. Can i get an extended trail to ensure the product works properly before purchase?

Failing that is there a 30 day money back garentee on the VPN service, i will be upgrading my premiere regardless and keeping it regardless

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 10:34:36 AM »
My power settings are all set to there hihest levels so this could not be the issue
That sure can be the issue. Disable them and see if solves #1

Offline Avaster654457

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »
Hi, could you tell in in detail what setting i should change, like i said before my  power setting are set to "high performance"

Thing is i have no way of testing this now since my trail has ended, so is there a way to get an extension on the trial to trouble shoot this issue or a refund available if i cant resolve the issue?

Thanks

Offline Avaster654457

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »
bump

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 02:13:31 PM »
Hi Avaster,

We do have a 30 day money back guarantee.  We would be happy for you to try the product and be sure that if you aren't satisfied you'll get your money back.

Regarding the issue with SecureLine disconnecting, we've looked into that and it is not at all standard behavior.  First, the service should never disconnect (session time out) and if it did it should reconnect automatically if the connection is dropped.