Author Topic: AVAST error causing my Mac to behave as if it is being controlled remotely.  (Read 4723 times)

REDACTED

error message that causes my mac to behave as if it is being controlled remotely.

I uninstalled teamviewer completely. The error is an AVAST error.

I have attached a screenshot.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:36:56 PM by SplendidAttitude »

REDACTED

Re: error message
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »
No one has any thoughts on this???

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Looks like you have also installed Avira antivirus which colides with Avast.
Try to uninstall Avira (if you already did, then you must do it correctly and
completely) and Avast shouls start working.

REDACTED

No. Already uninstalled Avira, as well as the preference files. Still having the EXACT same problem.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
There are still parts (kernel modules) of Avira running on your system. Until you
get rid of them, Avast will not work.

Offline specimen9999

I suggest you find out through Avira what's the correct way to uninstall their product, it probably came with an uninstaller and simply dragging the .app to the trash doesn't uninstall (if that's what you did).

As a general rule in Mac apps, if the app installs modules outside its .app package (an AV normally does so), elsewhere in the system, in order to be uninstalled it will require a uninstall program, or directions to delete those modules.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:42:33 PM by specimen9999 »

REDACTED

>:(

You are supposed to be a senior member and you are not listening and at best, you are demonstrating only a cursory and elementary understanding of Mac security.

Perhaps you did not hear what I said, or did not process what I wrote, or did not comprehend what I typed.

Allow me to repeat, you may have to re-read this more than once to comprehend it.

I UNINSTALLED A L L FILES RELATED TO AVIRA, AFTER  I TOOK THE PROVIDED SCREENSHOT!!!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:43:57 PM by SplendidAttitude »

Offline specimen9999

>:(

You are supposed to be a senior member and you are not listening and at best, you are demonstrating only a cursory and elementary understanding of Mac security.

Perhaps you did not hear what I said, or did not process what I wrote, or did not comprehend what I typed.

Allow me to repeat, you may have to re-read this more than once to comprehend it.

I UNINSTALLED A L L FILES RELATED TO AVIRA, AFTER  I TOOK THE PROVIDED SCREENSHOT!!!

Your nick says it all. I'm done here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:38:29 PM by specimen9999 »

REDACTED

Your nick says it all. I'm done here.

+1