Author Topic: I can't use Avast! please help me  (Read 3422 times)

JackDevil

I can't use Avast! please help me
« on: July 21, 2005, 06:40:35 PM »
I get 2 errors when trying to use Avast! Can you please help me? Cause I really need it.

I use the Home Free Edition

I get there 3 Erros:

Storage cannot be created for the "Splash" task

Configuration is not loaded properly. Error: dbsCreateObject

Program cannot save parameters to the storage! (Error: dbsCreateObject)

Please help me because I'm in a really need of it

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: I can't use Avast! please help me
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
If you are using the latest version of avast, change database storage method Right click on a ball > program settings > Troubleshooting >Use XML instead of ODBC. If not please donload the latest version of avast.  ;)

abbo8

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 06:03:59 PM »
I have exactly the same problem (same error messages)
When you right click and go to program settings nothing appears.
I have done a complete uninstall using the utility and then re-install, same problem.
I have downloaded latest version of Avast Home.
i always use to have this installed without any problems
Any ideas please.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 07:03:34 PM »
First check out this avast! FAQ answer http://www.avast.com/eng/other_questions.html#idt_1406. For avast! Pro users it is best to update the ODBC Drivers, Home users can switch to XML storage.
Right click the avast! icon and select Program Settings, then Trobleshooting and tick the Use XML storage instead of ODBC. - In your case check if the Program Settings comes up after manual change to avast4.ini - if not try an avast repair.
You can manually edit the avast4.ini file (using a text editor) and change database=odbc to database=xml, this is in the [Common] section.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 07:43:28 PM »
I have done a complete uninstall using the utility and then re-install, same problem.
Do you have any other antivirus in your system? Any other security application (antispywares, etc.)?
Are you trying to install from the Administrato account (if you use XP)?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 08:42:43 PM »
@ abbo8
The ashClear utility is there primarily if you experience a problem with the regular add remove uninstall. So the windows add remove should be used primarily.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security