Author Topic: Help please?  (Read 9878 times)

Offline Sorzy

Re: Help please?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 03:19:52 AM »
All I can say is it's not Avast doing the blocking, do you have an ad-blocker program or tracking protection turned on that might be interfering, possibly parental restrictions if they were ever enabled through your browsers or search engine settings :-\ 

Maybe your ISP prevents the display of that sort of advertising :-\

It displays fine here as shown below

Hey CraigB, I just wanted to ask you. When you go to gunbroker, and posted the attached image to show it works for you, may I ask if you refreshed and reloaded to page a few times? If not, may I then also ask you to go there again and refresh/reload it say, like 5 times? Just to see if it continues to work for you.

I ask this because I've been online for a little while now, going to different websites, checking my email/s etc., etc.. And I decided to go to gunbroker just to see. And when I got there, it opened and worked as it should. But after refreshing/reloading it a few times, it did what it always does. Also, if it doesn't, I click on any auction on the main page. If the images for that open or not, I go back to the main page tab and click refresh. If it was working, just clicking on an auction and opening it in a new tab is enough to get or make it do what it always does.

So, I ask that you refresh/reload the main page a few times to see if it continues to work properly. Just curious. Thanks in advance. For this and every thing else.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 04:50:07 AM »
Refreshed several times and it works fine for me, I'm slightly restricted in my testing though as I only use the free version of avast so I cant confirm whether the firewall has something to do with it or not plus I'm on windows 8.1 using IE so my flash player version will be different to yours.

I don't use or have the Avast Browser protection installed and I have the Enhanced Protected Mode and Enable 64 bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode in the internet options both ticked/enabled, I also use Adguard Premium ( default settings ) - Malwarebytes Pro with malicious website protection enabled and none of this interferes with that website so I'm afraid there isn't much more I can offer sorry.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 04:55:04 AM »
Tried here with 3 different browsers - IE, Safari, Firefox.  Every time the images all came up, save for some that I don't think had thumbnails at all.  I can only attach one of the screen grab (animated GIFs).

Edit - apparently it won't animate anyway...

-Noel

Offline Sorzy

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 07:21:20 AM »
Tried here with 3 different browsers - IE, Safari, Firefox.  Every time the images all came up, save for some that I don't think had thumbnails at all.  I can only attach one of the screen grab (animated GIFs).

Edit - apparently it won't animate anyway...

-Noel

Thank you very much for your help and replies as well NoelC.

Offline Sorzy

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 07:57:26 AM »
Well, and I'm hesitant to post this for fear of jinxing myself and getting ahead. But in order to get the best help, you have to give the best picture of what's going on. Not to mention I don't have a clue as to what I did. That said...

I'm on my desktop right now. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT, 8GBRAM and the browser is Mozilla Firefox 33.0.2, which yes, is up to date as is all the plug ins and everything else. Anyhow, the last time I was on this machine, the website in question, gunbroker.com seemed to be working normally, properly and as it should. As it is for CraigB and NoelC. And as mentioned, I'm logged in and on that same machine and in going to the website in question, for the 2nd time in a row, it seems to be working like it should. But again, I haven't a clue why. I didn't do anything. I tried but when those things didn't work, I put things back how they were.

Anyhow, the only thing I can think of that I did, and I highly doubt it's what made it work then and continue to work now. But then, who knows. But what that is is, I went to the gunbroker website and opened it. As has happened on occasion, it was one of the times when first going there when it worked normally. But rather then login and do the things I normally do, go over my watch list, window shop, etc.,, I decided to do and get some other things done first. So, again, without and before logging in, I left the tab for it open, as I usually do things in tabs like most everyone else, and leaving it in it's tab I checked my email/s, went to Facebook, played a little online poker and browsed some other websites, you know, the typical stuff people do online. Then when I got all my other stuff done and was ready to deal with the headache, which was why I waited to do it last, I closed all the other tabs and logged in to my gunbroker account. Was amazed it was still working properly. Did the things I needed to, which took about 15-20 minutes. Window shopped about another 10 minutes and logged off. Went back to the main page and again was amazed it was still working like it should be. Thought, hm, do I get my hopes up or not? Thought, well, we'll see the next time I get on this machine and see. Well, now was/is that time and amazingly and to my surprise, it's still working properly. But again, I haven't a clue what I did or if just leaving it open in a tab, at the main page, not being logged in or doing anything with it can do or did anything or not. Again, I wouldn't think so but then, who knows. If it did, I don't care what fixed it. As long as it's fixed.

However I do know it's still not working properly on my laptop. Which has Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit, 8GB RAM. Can't remember any of the other stuff. But if it will help, let me know and the next time I'm on it I'll log in to the forum here and post what I can.

And FWIw, the whole time I've been typing this, making corrections, making sure to write things exactly as I can, the gunbroker tab is still open as I said, I was there before coming here so I could say what I have. Before I check this for spelling or other errors, I'm going to go to the gunbroker tab and see if it's still working like it was and normally and always should before I click post for this. Don't know if it matters but I left the tab with myself logged in to my account and at their main page. If it's still working properly, by refreshing the page and seeing if everything loads like it should, I'll log off, come and write if it did or not, go back and being logged out, again refresh the page several times and see if it's still working properly after logging out.

WOW! OKay, went to the gunbroker tab, refreshed the main page several times and everything loaded how it should and fast. Clicked on the button to go to my watchlist, refreshed it a few times and went back to the main page. Again, amazingly, it's still working properly.

I'm still not 100% confident it's fixed on this desktop. I mean, I don't know what I did and I don't know if what I mentioned has anything to do with it or not. I doubt it though. But I'll log out, check it again and if it's still working, close the tab and try another day and see. Only after a month or more of it working properly will I even begin to have faith it's resolved. Not knowing what did it kind of makes it hard to even want to begin thinking it now let alone look that far ahead. lol

Besides, if it is finally resolved, on this desktop that is, it's still not on my laptop.

Anyhow, just thought I'd let those who've taken time out of their day/night to try and help me. Not only to keep you updated, but to let you know any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

As for all this, time will tell as they say. Oh, and after I logged out of GB, I refreshed the main page several times and it still worked properly. I even closed the tab for it and reopened it in another tab and to my amazement, it was still working properly. Hell, I think I'll try leaving GB open in a tab while I do all sorts of other crap on my laptop and see. Like they also say, ya' neva' know. lmao

Offline Sorzy

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 04:54:10 AM »
Just an update. Third time in a row being on my desktop and I'm able to get to the website I was having problems with. But I still don't know what, if anything I did? And if I did do something, I wish I could find out what I did because sadly, my laptop is still having the issue/problem with the website.