Author Topic: AVAST Software s.r.o. - Order Cancelled (Order #10247058460)  (Read 7945 times)

REDACTED

AVAST Software s.r.o. - Order Cancelled (Order #10247058460)
« on: November 01, 2014, 07:52:43 PM »
Please see below part of the confirmation email I received from Avast below, which outlines what I ordered & paid for on 28th October.

Order ID:
Order Date:
28 October 2014

Product SKU: ISE-08-003-12-MR
Product Name: Avast Internet Security - 3 PC, 1 Year
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $39.99

Subtotal: $69.99
Discount: -$30.00
VAT: $6.00
Total Price: $45.99
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Then on 31st October I get the following email from Avast !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you for ordering from AVAST Software s.r.o. through their authorized reseller, Digital River Inc., on 28 October 2014.

Your Order Information:
Order Number: 10247058460
Order Date: 28 October 2014
VkEBAh

Product SKU                    Product Name                                  Qty Ordered  Amount   
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISE-08-003-12-MR              Avast Internet Security - 3 PC, 1 Ye          1            $39.99   

We regret to inform you, that we have not received your payment during the past 3 days, so that we have now cancelled this order.

If you have already sent payment we will initiate a refund of the amount transferred. You will receive another email containing a link where you can enter your bank information securely in order to receive your refund.

If you still want to complete your purchase we kindly ask you to place a new order.

If you have questions about your order, please visit: http://www.avast.com/find-order. You can login by using the email address from your order, and the password provided above.

Sincerely,
AVAST Software s.r.o. Customer Service
www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I also have my payment confirmation from Paypal who are now trying to see why this order has been cancelled & why ? I would also draw your attention to the 2 order numbers/order id's which I have highlighted in red & are different on both emails. I updated my licence on 28th and it shows my subscription is valid until 7th November 2015 but since I received the cancellation email, & log into my account it shows its due to expire 07/11/2014.
I am really confused and don't know if my machines are going to be protected after the 7th November ?
Sorry for the long winded post but I just had to get that off my chest and hopefully get an answer to what has caused all the confusion !   

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: AVAST Software s.r.o. - Order Cancelled (Order #10247058460)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 08:00:48 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:49:07 AM »
I received a similar email. I renewed my subscription on 9th February 2015 and received the message on 24th February 2015. I have paid for the subscription. I processed my payment through PayPal on my credit card.  I contacted PayPal and they confirmed that the payment was made. I contacted the my Credit Card issuing Bank and they confirmed that the payment had been processed. The PayPal receipt listed the transaction through NEXWAY. I contacted NEXWAY and they simply re-sent the instructions on installing the new license file.

I submitted a support ticket to Avast but they have not replied to the ticket. When I attempted to log in to my account I was told that my log in was incorrect. I attempted to create a new log in but was told the email address was already in use (no kidding) so I asked to reset my password on the account.  I followed the procedures and created a new password for the account. I then tried to log in using the new password but was again told the password was incorrect.

Is this a conspiracy? Is Avast taking money under false pretences? I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and have tried contacting them but my support ticket goes unanswered.

I have been using Avast for 5 years and this is my 3rd renewal. At each renewal it has taken me 3 to 4 days to get the renewal sorted out. I have had incorrect renewal dates in the license file. One time I renewed they created a new account rather than renew the old account which meant I lost three months.

I have no problems with the software but their account keeping and financial management borders on incompetency.

The one thing that really stirred me up was the letter cancelling the order wanted me to apply for a new licence if I wanted to keep using their software. There is no way I am going to fall for that. I won't be paying more money until they refund my current renewal.  Is this a ploy to get more money under false pretences?

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
Is this a ploy to get more money under false pretences?

No, it is not  ;)

If you place an order and receive an email confirming your order number XXXXX, and later receive another email saying your order YYYYY was cancelled, most probably two orders were placed and only one was paid, thus the second was cancelled.

Regarding your ticket, please do not send a new message every few hours as it will only delay the response.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 12:29:07 PM »
Thank you for clarifying this.
I only placed one order. If a second order was placed, it wasn't placed by me. I simply asked to renew my current licence.
I will sit back quietly, as you suggest, and wait for an answer to the ticket even though my Account information states "there are no licenses that can be used on your current device" and I have to assume that means the device is not protected.

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 12:47:06 PM »
Thank you for clarifying this.
I only placed one order. If a second order was placed, it wasn't placed by me. I simply asked to renew my current licence.
I will sit back quietly, as you suggest, and wait for an answer to the ticket even though my Account information states "there are no licenses that can be used on your current device" and I have to assume that means the device is not protected.

There is no need to assume, just check the status of Avast on the main window. If it is green and says "You are protected", then you are fine :)
Note that you need to login to the same account your license is registered for. If you are login to your old account, that license is already expired  ;)
You can either create a new account using your current email or to link both emails on one account.

Offline someonesimages

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
I had the exact same thing happen.

I placed an order (once) on 2-25-15, then today received notice about two cancelled orders due to no payment after 3 days.  Logging into the portal also shows cancelled orders.

Paypal shows atlanticpaypalcs@digitalriver.com river received payment.

Cancellation orders reference "Order ID", portal shows a "Order Number" text input field, why is this?  I don't want to "Assume" anything.  Seems that this should be fixed.

My avast still shows my "subscription" (which it isn't since I don't auto renew) is good until March, 2016.

I hope this fixes itself because I am not going to do anything further, if I do have to waste more of my time, I will be disputing the charge with PP and going with another AV company.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »
I also wish to cancel my order but no where on this site is there a place where I can do this. I am not happy with Avast as they have done damage to my computer and I want it off.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »
I also wish to cancel my order but no where on this site is there a place where I can do this.
Submit a ticket: https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 10:54:24 PM »
Ordering via Avast is just a waste of time. Two times during the last year, so better to be on stardard product or change it with a other antivirus sw. Unbelievable "explanations", no answers to questions; maybe answers are done by a preprogrammed computer. Latest: "I have checked order # XXXXXXXXXX and it has been cancelled due to non-receipt of payment.
At this time, you may place a new order via our store at www.avast.com/store". This same has happened TWICE, same explanations, not possible to order via Credic card, maybe a cheque is needed as the payment is forwarded via US bank.
Never again, thanks.