Author Topic: new Avast! error  (Read 3822 times)

BB4l

new Avast! error
« on: March 19, 2004, 08:41:35 PM »
so... I was finally able to run Avast!... it was installed at about  13 o'clock. Updates have been updatet about 30 minutes ago. so now, when i wanted to scan a file, an error acoured:
"Unknown error
Scan completed with error
183 = Cannot create a file when that file allready exist"
this message is there allways when i want to scan a computer or folder on it
please help
bye

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:new Avast! error
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 08:46:41 PM »
Hi my friend!

Too bad you can't get avast! up and running :'(
Guess someone from alwil team should help you,because we can't do anything about this. Vlk would probably know what to do next...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 08:55:07 PM »
When does the error appear? When you scan a file using the Explorer Extension or using the Simple User Interface as well?

BB4l

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 09:21:28 PM »
i was appearing when i tried to scan my computer or some folder. someone suggested me to restart computer and I did, and it's working fine... for now. I gues it was problem that I had to resatrt my computer whrn it was updated... that i'll never know

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 09:30:21 PM »
Did you update the whole program, or just the virus database? (In the later case, restart should not be needed).

Darkgudda

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 01:36:02 AM »
Hey had the same problem.  Mines just popped up when AVAST did its memory test before you enter into the program.  I was about to uninstall it, until I saw repair.   ;D Guess what repair works.  So go to control-panel, add remove programs look for AVAST and click change(XP Home) then select repair.  This should work it did for me. Happy hunting.

nicki5

Re: new Avast! error
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 03:35:19 AM »
I have the same error message and my avast screensaver can't scan - it says something about the engine not being able to start.

I've been to add/remove and clicked on that box, but it doesn't give me the option of repairing

Does anyone have a suggestion for me please?  Thanks. :)