Author Topic: I just installed CA Firewall,  (Read 7035 times)

kotrtim

Re: I just installed CA Firewall,
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 05:20:44 AM »
1. The article in your link is almost 3 and a half years old "Updated 3/25/2002 8:23AM" and firewalls have advanced greatly in that time and most pass the GRC leaktest and the many other leak tests.

Its 3 years ago?

But it seem to be able to trespass all the famous firewall ZA6, outpost 2.6

Only component controls can help here, well , until now, i suppose Kerio 4 is the only one to offer component control?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I just installed CA Firewall,
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 02:27:57 PM »
1. The article in your link is almost 3 and a half years old "Updated 3/25/2002 8:23AM" and firewalls have advanced greatly in that time and most pass the GRC leaktest and the many other leak tests.

Its 3 years ago?

But it seem to be able to trespass all the famous firewall ZA6, outpost 2.6

Only component controls can help here, well , until now, i suppose Kerio 4 is the only one to offer component control?
You have got to be joking, the article is talking about a vulnerability (leak test, component checking) that is well and truly catered for in the latest mainstream browsers.

As for "But it seem to be able to trespass all the famous firewall ZA6, outpost 2.6" what, the article or leak test, rubbish I have had many different firewalls that all passed the GRC leak test, this includes earlier versions of ZA, Outpost 1.0 (freeware version) and Outpost Pro 2.7.

Outpost Pro is widely acknowledged as having one of the best component control out there.

You are wrong in your supposition that Kerio 4 is the only one to offer component control, most of the mainstream firewalls do.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security