Author Topic: Issues with Keyboard and Mousepad Drivers  (Read 2490 times)

REDACTED

Issues with Keyboard and Mousepad Drivers
« on: November 06, 2014, 02:14:26 AM »
When I first received my new laptop, it came with a trial version of MCafee Antivirus. I had received a recommendation to use avast from a friend, so I purchased a license for avast Internet Security. After I restarted my computer, after installation, my keyboard and mousepad stopped working. Any tech sources I asked said that the conflicting antivirus softwares would have affected the drivers and caused the issue. I uninstalled both MCafee and avast and control of the mouse and keyboard came back. But, after I reinstalled avast Internet Security, the mousepad and keyboard stopped working again. I Uninstalled once again so I could use the keyboard to post on the forum. What should I do?

Thanks, Jake

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

Re: Issues with Keyboard and Mousepad Drivers
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »
Same problem, different angle.  Old Laptop is fading out.  New one tells me that I need to go online and get a virus protection program.  I figure another Premiere account for 50 bucks or whatever but Avast tech support tells me to just reuse the existing license, which I recently renewed, and I do so, updating 2015 Free and rebooting on command.

No login.  I can mouse click on the window but I can't get a single letter to type into it.

I call Avast Tech Support back and they say:  "Known issue (multiple virus protections in conflict), easy fix, 15-20 minutes to go in behind windows, strip everything out and try again."

And then, the bombshell:  "120 dollars for a warranteed, 1-time, fix.  Or 180 for a year's service."

For fifteen minutes of work.  And there's not even any romantic music or a cuddle afterwards.

Just No.

If you are disabled living on less than a 800 dollars a month, you cannot throw 120 bucks after 250 for a new computer.  Not if you want to eat, have lights and water while keeping the landlord from pounding on your door.

So I come here because nothing in my new laptop's bootup menu says: 'safe mode'.  Is there an F-## way to make an Elitebook play nice or do I now have a fine paperweight?  And if I already have a functional virus protection, why did Windows specifically tell me I didn't?

Mildly Perturbed.   :o >:(

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Issues with Keyboard and Mousepad Drivers
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »
1]
Please do not hijack someones thread.

2]
I call Avast Tech Support
No you didn't as has been explained many times before on this webboard. It is a third party that you called.

3]
If you want help, start your own thread.