Author Topic: More and more, an AVAST fan :)  (Read 6006 times)

GhosTT

More and more, an AVAST fan :)
« on: August 24, 2005, 05:15:31 AM »
Been using AVAST for "almost" a year as my only antivirus program.

From what I've seen so far, beats paying for NORTON.
Good antivirus program,but.....

Even better is the fact that anytime I got a question, just need to search posts here.
Have learned from this forum how to optimize my settings.

You guys are good  ;D

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: More and more, an AVAST fan :)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 05:55:37 AM »
Alan has just deleted the reply he was planning to post ...

instead he just smiles and agrees with you that avast! is an excellent product and that this forum and its outstanding key contributors help to reinforce the remarkable value of its services.

roro

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 09:00:34 AM »
 ;D
Ditto!!!!
Having renewed my subscription for Norton yet again and finding that they have again raised the price and made it impossible to use the subscription on my desktop and laptop both,  I downloaded Avast( recommended by Consumer Reports Magazine).  I am thrilled and thankful for this wonderful free program and the Forum that supports it, and have been recommending it to all my friends.

Thank you!

thedon57

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 09:56:04 AM »
Hi have you heard that song, simply the best, well it can be:

Avast the best, better than all the rest, well that's enough from me, i am of to do some more repairs on computer's all got dreaded norton's on.
 Won't have when I have finished, all have the best, Avast and more satified customers.
 I believe in it so much that i give a guarantee that if avast does not improve the running of their computer, and they call me out, and if I find that Avast has let me down then i will do the repair job on their computer for nothing, so far I have not had to pay or redo a computer for nothing.

SO keep up the good work detecting the trogans and viruses.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 01:03:33 PM »
Couldn't agree more.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rocketfoot

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 01:10:07 PM »
I am a believer!  My computer has never run so fast since I removed Norton Internet Security!

Hopismum

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 02:41:34 PM »

Even better is the fact that anytime I got a question, just need to search posts here.

many times ive come here, done a search myself..   I recommend aVast to all of my
friends...     and ya sure cannot beat this forum for very quick help

rubix

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 03:44:44 PM »
Hi! i'm Roberta! i have already downloaded avast v4.6 home antivirus.... i wanna ask if this program is for free. because i read that after one year i have to re-subscribe the registration. Please answer me! Thanks ;D

thedon57

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 04:25:08 PM »
Hi yes it is free it might ask you to re register to give you another  key number but otherwise yes is free.

darth.mikey

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 05:54:14 PM »
Almost all of my friends have avast! installed and they are  very very satisfied with it(many had Norton's) and so am i.I like it so much i bought the Pro version hihi  ;D

kotrtim

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 06:38:07 AM »
yeah, yeah, having a forum is a very wise approach,
there are bug reports, and also a way to get to know what are the customers' needs.

+++ Avast virus definition update is totally distinct from others...cool!!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 06:39:55 AM by kotrtim »

Atomic_Ed

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 01:22:05 AM »
I am fairly new to Avast! Pro but so far I agree it is a great product and runs excellent compared to alot of the others I tried. It also seems to have much better detection of malicious threats on web sites than some competitors do. Thus far I feel comfortable in it's protection of my system and agree it is really a great product. I am telling everyone about it and have since converted some others to using it as well. I am a consultant and system builder as well and will be recommending Avast! Pro to everyone I do business with.

Ricky2005

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 01:30:53 PM »
Thanks for saying the avast team is good

thedon57

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 01:54:54 PM »
Hi probably read by now I am an Avast fan and I even tell them on other forums when they moan about nortons to uninsall it all together, and download Avast and also the forum, and I am on over 30 sites.

So keep up the good work.