Author Topic: Avast 2015 freezing my PC while using web browser..!!  (Read 66777 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 2015 freezing my PC while using web browser..!!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 03:54:55 PM »
Well I can't help with Opera as I don't use it - But with firefox 33.0.3 I don't have any problems accessing gmail prior to 33.0.3 - I have just logged into my Gmail and the inbox came up without a problem. I don't use the AOS plugin installed in firefox and avast 10.0.2208.

Where did you disable the Avast Internet Security Plugin (AOS) ?
In disabled in the browsers - Personally I wouldn't just disable it but uninstall it from avast - Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast Antivirus - Change - now find the Browser Protection in the Tools section of the Change window and uncheck it. OK your way out and that should remove it from avast and the browsers - you will need to restart your browser/s.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »
Well I can't help with Opera as I don't use it - But with firefox 33.0.3 I don't have any problems accessing gmail prior to 33.0.3 - I have just logged into my Gmail and the inbox came up without a problem. I don't use the AOS plugin installed in firefox and avast 10.0.2208.

Where did you disable the Avast Internet Security Plugin (AOS) ?
In disabled in the browsers - Personally I wouldn't just disable it but uninstall it from avast - Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast Antivirus - Change - now find the Browser Protection in the Tools section of the Change window and uncheck it. OK your way out and that should remove it from avast and the browsers - you will need to restart your browser/s.

Yes , done as you say, disabled it from avast - Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast Antivirus - Change

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »
If that didn't resolve it I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to suggest as it is working with that for my Gmail.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 04:01:27 AM »
No reply from any avast official in my problem, what they think I'm the one and only person experiencing like this..no they are wrong..there are lot of users with the same who do not participate in this forum or seek avast support..they will simply switch to another av if they experience problems like this, other than writing and waiting in this forum like me..so I must think about an alternative soon..

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:12 PM »
I'm having a problem with what i think is same thing. I tried updating two days ago to 2015.10.0.2208 and it crashed my comp, granted she is coming up 11 years old but it's a very well looked after machine and she's been crashing ever since. I'm at a loss. Never had a problem like this with an update from avast before  :-[

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 11:10:17 PM »
Yes, it's definitely an huge issue. Two of my computer with different hardware are freezing while browsning since updated to Avast 2015, the same happens with the computer of my sister and one computer at my workplace.
I'm surprised to not find more topics about it here.
Avast, get it fix or I will switch.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »
Yes, it's definitely an huge issue. Two of my computer with different hardware are freezing while browsning since updated to Avast 2015, the same happens with the computer of my sister and one computer at my workplace.
I'm surprised to not find more topics about it here.
Avast, get it fix or I will switch.

Sometimes my PC automatically restarts with the freeze....!!!

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 04:28:36 PM »
As a test did you try disabling "HTTPS Scanning" under Web Shield Settings ?  ....this is NOT the AOS/Browser Protection item.
No need to uninstall anything, just go into the Avast User Console to Web Shield Settings and unclick this.
Make sure you've closed internet browser, re-open and try.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:30:32 PM by thekochs »

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
I had the same problem. I notice you have k9 web protection installed. So did I, but I uninstalled it and it seems to have fixed my problem. I think the two programs may be conflicting with each other.
Hope this helps! :)

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 03:27:22 AM »
I had the same problem. I notice you have k9 web protection installed. So did I, but I uninstalled it and it seems to have fixed my problem. I think the two programs may be conflicting with each other.

Hello avast guys , please confirm whether there is a conflict between avast! and K9 web protection.... ???

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
I came here today looking for clues, after downloading the 2015.10.0.2208 update this morning, and immediately encountering problems. Following the upgrade re-boot, my normally rock-solid internet connection was failing every 4 or 5 minutes. No reports of outages from my ISP. Shut down and checked wife's PC downstairs, which has NOT been upgraded. Not affected. Have unticked HTTP scanning as suggested above and thought I'd cured it. But I'm now losing my internet connection while typing this. I will continue to monitor the wife's PC, and any reports from my ISP. If I determine that this is being caused by the update, and it is not resolved by disabling HTTP scanning, I will try to a system restore with a 'smooth sailing' backup I did just two days ago. Ultimately, I will just uninstall Avast and go elsewhere. I don't think this is a problem affecting only a few people!

--One hour later, disabling HTTP scanning did not cure the connection failures. I did a System Restore to the point of the Avast upgrade, reverting to the 2014.9.0.2021 version, and all is well again. Quick, responsive PC, and no broadband connection problems. Perhaps this is not the 'best' solution, but an 'outdated' version of Avast is better than no connection, and better than dumping Avast, which has otherwise been an excellent programme. Hopefully, this glitch will be sorted out? Until then, I will decline any upgrades.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:55:46 PM by d4mac »

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:12 PM »

I'm not interested to uninstall K9 as you did. I think they are aware of this problem and will release a fix on it soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 05:37:59 AM »
I have a serious problem from the day I installed avast 2015. My PC freezes while using any web browser( FF, Chrome, Opera &  IE, sometimes on starting a browser, sometimes during browsing). I need to press the restart button  to escape from this lock up during browsing. Anybody else  experience this problem?. I saw topics on issues of FF 33, but I  think mine is not a problem specific to any browser. I tried enabling & disabling of settings in web shield, re installation and whatever I can do to solve this problem , but unfortunately nothing helped me to solve it. I hope anyone from avast team will come to help me...  :(

As the problem has not been fixed by avast till now I uninstalled K9 and now I can confirm there is a clear conflict between Avast 2015 and K9. (I'm surprised on the silence from the part of avast officials; whether they noticed this topic ?)

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »
Hye,

I confirm your conclusion. I have the same problem between Avast 2015 and K9 Web Protection.

There is an uncompatibility until freezing W8.1

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 04:25:50 PM »
Hye,

I confirm your conclusion. I have the same problem between Avast 2015 and K9 Web Protection.

There is an uncompatibility until freezing W8.1

Excluding K9 also won't help; no words from avast...disappointing  :-\