Author Topic: Avast 2015 freezing my PC while using web browser..!!  (Read 66791 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 2015 freezing my PC while using web browser..!!
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »
Since there are no fixes here that means avast is still broken for vista 32bit systems while browsing and has been broken since sometime in May 2015?

That is the problem when joining what is a very old topic, started 05 November 2014, things changed and or were fixed. The circumstances for avast freezing are likely to be different (none the less frustrating though), given that there were fixes in later updates.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2015, 09:51:24 PM »
I had Vista 32-bit and 64-bit freezing issues on my Laptop, all when using Firefox on certain websites. Had Web Shield Firefox plugin disabled, didn't matter...

I wasn't even aware it was Avast until I had replaced EVERY major piece of hardware in my laptop, being completely convinced my 1 year old daughter knocking it onto the ground had caused physical damage, when it turned out that reinstalling Vista due to Hard Drive damage was what caused the start of my hard lock/freezing woes (Due to installing Avast to a version that was buggy, probably 2223).

The symptoms are sudden, total freezing, screen remains intact, no mouse movement, hard drive activity gone (HDD indicator not lit solid either), Wifi Adapter button non responsive, complete system freeze, also known as a hard lock.

Doesn't matter how much free RAM you have, or the CPU temperatures... Always seems to be some combination of running two or more tabs with certain websites, for me it would always be wunderground or CNN.com, but I could use gmail and youtube for weeks without freezing. Also got freezing when giving feedback on Ebay purchases, but other than that Ebay worked fine without freezing.

I figured it out when I tried to get the system to lock when using Firefox on those websites that cause the lock ups, BUT while Avast was disabled... And NO locking!

I have since downloaded and updated to the latest 2016 Avast and with all shields active, so far so good!

REDACTED

« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2015, 02:12:09 PM »
@doom2pro, you have given us more information than the rest of the posters, even if this is an old thread it still should have been noted that the issue has been fixed and a link to the fix, and then the thread locked.