Author Topic: Avast is blocking Chatango, but only flash version?  (Read 16424 times)

REDACTED

Avast is blocking Chatango, but only flash version?
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:53:58 AM »
So a couple of streaming and similar sites I go to use chatango for the group chat. Avast is blocking the chat from loading when it's in the Flash version, but it doesn't block it from loading in HTML5, nor does it block any other Flash program I've come across.

I've tried adding chatango into the exceptions, including with an assortment of wildcards.
I've tried adding the various sites to the exceptions (prime example: vinesauce.com)

The only way I can get this to load is to disable Avast, load the page, wait for the chat to load, then re-enable Avast again.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast is blocking Chatango, but only flash version?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »
Hello,
try AVAST 2015 SP1 (10.0.2207): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=159263.0

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:06:31 PM »
Thank you for the swift response, but unfortunately that still didn't work.

To add a little clarification I apparently forgot last night, the rest of the page loads perfectly, and the 'frame' of the chat visibly appears though I can't click any of it. However, the "buffering/loading the chat" wheel just spins around endlessly like it cannot make a connection until it finally gives an "Unable to load" notice and a button to retry. And, again, as soon as I hit the HTML5 link when loading the chat full-screen it works fine, it appears Avast thinks there's something wrong with the Chatango flash widget, but NOTHING else. Unfortunately, when it's embedded in another site, I can't switch it.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 05:47:41 PM »
Hi, I have the same problem here. I hope they fix it ASAP.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 07:16:43 PM »
I have the same problem as well.  Everything ckappenman has said is what's happening to me.  Rest of the page works, but ANY Page, with a Chatango flash chat, wont load, until I disable the web shield.  Once that's disabled?  The chat loads fine, then I have to re-enable.  However re-enabling doesn't always work and Web Shield refuses to re-enable 40% of the time until I reboot.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 10:40:25 PM »
Chatango still refuses to load so long as Web Shield is enabled.  Also I've done some looking around.  Web Shield is also causing other Flash applications to not work.  One person reported it causing loading issues for spotify.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:44:41 AM by venombeyond »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 07:29:03 PM »
It anyone looking into this?  I'm checking several sites, seeing tons of people having this very issue.  Not just with Chatango's Flash application but several Flash based ones being blocked or unable to be opened until Web Shield is brought down temporarily.  The only response from a mod was "use this patch" which did absolutely nothing for the situation.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 09:08:44 PM »
Can we please get some answer from the mods, as to why the Web Shield is blocking a handful of flash applications, such as Chatango Chats, Spotify, Ect?  It seems like this is just being ignored, when we were brushed off with a patch that does not deal with the issues of this problem at all.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 11:33:29 PM »
New build and the problem is still exists.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 07:24:51 PM »
New Firefox and new build for Avast but it's still happening.  Can we please get some answers?  Mods have been completely quiet about this and other topics to do with issues with flash plugins being blocked out by the Web Shield.  PLEASE, I'm begging someone here!

Offline MFDK

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »
I can confirm 2015.10.0.2208 is blocking the chatango flash chat by default. Using Win 7 Ultimate.
Cannot establish a connection to a chat in both IE and Firefox. Disable shields for a moment helps though.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 06:40:54 AM »
New Development.  I use a Java program called Maptools for D&D games.  It's stopping me from connecting to another persons server unless I disable Web Shield.  It seems Web Shield is extremely paranoid now and is blocking a LOT of things... can we please get a mod in here to give us SOME information?  Or will Avast Personnel continue to ignore us?

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »
I can confirm this is happening to me and all my friends who use Avast.

I run a zetaboards website, using chatango as the chat. I cannot use the embedded chat on the site and am forced to go to the actual url of the html5 version of our Chatango.

This has been happening for the past week, and am hoping that Avast fix the web shield as this seems to be the issue.

Thanks.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
Alright after another day of trying. I've tried to repair avast. I've clean installed, to no avail. It doesn't fix the problem. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. It seems to work after I disable the web shield. Also, for some reason after doing the disable for 10 minutes, it won't turn back on and hangs my computer.

Can we please get an official response from Avast?

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 04:19:40 AM »
Still having issues as well.  Did all the things Teddy did, and it's Web Shield being ultra paranoid now ever since the 2015 update AND the patch.  It's affecting more than just one simple thing now, It's blocking connections to all sorts of NORMAL stuff.

Also Teddy, if you go into Settings, Active Protection, then Click it off for 10 minutes, do whatever it is you need to, and click the on button, it doesn't hang or cause PC issues.  It's the ONLY work around I've found.

And We the customers, shouldn't have to FIND Work-Arounds...

CAN WE PLEASE GET A PROPER MOD TO RESPOND TO THIS ALREADY?!  I'm starting to feel like The people at Avast just don't care!