Author Topic: AIS 2015 issues  (Read 1918 times)

REDACTED

AIS 2015 issues
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
I installed Avast Internet Security 2015 multiple times on a users PC last night and I can not get the firewall to turn on. I uninstalled and used the cleaner and re-installed but the issue still there. Windows 7 Pro. Another interesting thing the user called me this morning and the keyboard would not work. I had to uninstall 2015 to fix the keyboard issue?
Something is not right with the 2015 version. I have had no issues with Avast until now.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: AIS 2015 issues
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:10:15 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 01:05:52 AM »
Running version 2015.10.0.2208 and firewall will not start. Running Windows 7 Home Premium OS.

If I click on the yellow desktop widget icon, I get the error "The following components could not be started: Firewall"

If I try to turn on the firewall through the Avast GUI, I get the error "Unable to start Firewall!"

If I attempt to start the avast! firewall service the computer management GUI, I get the error: "The avast! Firewall service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I've looked through my windows logs and can no error messages.

At a loss of what to do next...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:17:59 AM »
Todd, if you want help...
Please start your own topic and provide details.