Author Topic: GrimeFighter dont' work: it's a rip off - 7 tickets without answer  (Read 8062 times)

REDACTED

Bonjour,
Suite à un problème technique d'utilisation non résolu (cf. ticket #UQF-586-81701) "GrimeFighter ne fonctionne pas", je souhaite maintenant obtenir le remboursement dans les plus brefs délais de ma commande N°10055967460 du 20/10/2014.
Donnez-moi également l'adresse postale du service commercial client.
Merci.

Hello,
Further to a technical problem of use not solved (ticket #UQF-586-81701) "GrimeFighter ne fonctionne pas",  now please refund my purchase (N°10055967460 du 20/10/2014) quickly.
Give me the postal address  of customer commercial services

Other ticket without answer :
(Refund request)
DOE-242-89597 : 09 november 2014
UQF-586-81701 : 20 October 2014 09:16
ILZ-649-98792 : 22 October 2014 19:32
QSM-103-29675 : 23 October 2014 21:01
FVE-282-40435 : 30 October 2014 09:13
JDA-590-78419 : 30 October 2014 09:15
(Complaint) :
#CHQ-691-88787 : 09 november 2014

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: GrimeFighter dont' work: it's a rip off - 7 tickets without answer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »
As explained many times, creating a new ticket/changing a existing one will put you back at the bottom of the stack.
Meaning the wait time will get longer and longer for you.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »
IF Tickets are the same issue then I think it is the case, that not only does this impatience cause a longer wait for the poster, it as well, burdens the whole system (as someone has to take the time to process the same thing over and over) taking time away from new tickets.
Ticket resolution is taking 'approximately' > 10 working days (2 wks.)  :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 06:17:32 PM »
schmidthouse,

it would not surprise me that when people stop submitting multiple tickets and do not change existings, the wait will be reduced by at least a day or 2  :)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »
schmidthouse,

it would not surprise me that when people stop submitting multiple tickets and do not change existings, the wait will be reduced by at least a day or 2  :)

As you picked up I'm sure, that's my point exactly  ;)

Unfortunately, when one is in the "thick of things" and ticked off, it's hard to react rationally. ;D

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 10:23:22 AM »
As explained many times, creating a new ticket/changing a existing one will put you back at the bottom of the stack.
Meaning the wait time will get longer and longer for you.

All answer you do are "standard answer". You 're never solve any problem... as support !

I think buying any product by Digital River International, S.à.r.l. (AVAST) is a rip off !

I bought the product by the avast store.  So, I also use the legal right of withdraw form in the avast store portal.

Digital River International, S.à.r.l.
9b, Boulevard du Prince Henri
L-1724 Luxembourg
Luxembourg

Je notifie par la présente ma rétraction du contrat portant sur la vente de biens (ou de prestations de service) commandé(e)s et reçu(e)s depuis moins de 14 jours.

Mes coordonnées (adresse e-mail) et le numéro de commande sont transmis ci-dessous...

And the anwer is :

Merci d'avoir contacté la boutique en ligne Avast FR.

Veuillez nous excuser pour le désagrément occasionné, malheureusement
nous ne sommes pas en mesure de vous aider pour ce problème à la
boutique en ligne.

Veuillez contacter directement AVAST Software a.s. afin de pouvoir
obtenir une aide sur votre demande.

Pour contacter le service de Remboursement d'Avast veuillez suivre les
instructions suivantes:

The behavior of AVAST towards his customers is inadmissible.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
All answer you do are "standard answer"
That is because your problem is standard. No patience, not knowing how things are working.
You 're never solve any problem... as support !
Keep dreaming. There is a reason why avast has over 220.000.000 satisfied users.

avast sure does fix things and/or make a refund, just have patience and don't clutter the support system.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 06:52:28 PM »
All, I would have to agree that AVAST staff leaves something to be desired regarding professional business practices and reputation.  No reason why these should go unanswered and even noticed one of the AVAST staff had responded to one of these comments, offered to assist with expediting a refund for one of the other "Newbies".

NO EXCUSE for this lack of action/response by AVAST.  I suppose they have a different standard in Prague, than US?  If they can process payments immediately, there is no reason (s) why refunds cannot be processed just as quickly.

AVAST should stand behind their products, without hesitations.

Thank goodness I noticed your note to a newbie like me, have been trying to get refund forever, (since a few days after purchase).  Even purchased total Support to attempt resolving Grime Fighter technical problems with my computer and Windows 7 Professional OS.

Any ideas how to get support from AVAST regarding refund requests. expecting AVAST to stand by their product, their word?  I cannot get anyone to give me accurate advice regarding how to request or a real person who can make decisions. take appropriate action to resolve???  Numerous requests have been made with no action taken by AVAST staff.

PLEASE help so can restore my faith in this company and its products.  This just doesn't make sense for a company that came so highly recommended???

Refund staff can look me up by my profile, yes?  Here are a few of my support ticket numbers

support_avast_com_default_tickets_submit_confirmationme 102914 refund rqst
EPO-525-58553 Refund Request For Grimefighters software
LOG-134-72423 Refund request for order number 15551398642
TQN-227-44865 AVAST Total Suport technicians unable to resolve issues
support_avast_com_tickets_submit_confirmation message_sk 110814

Thank you,

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »
It's unfortunate but 'refunds' aren't immediate. There is a process, time is involved (aprox. 2 weeks) even after Avast has processed the refund in their system, the bank transfers of the actual funds takes longer then expected by most.
Patience is the key, there is no way to speed up a bogged down process, especially if folks are submitting extra tickets for the same issue. :) 

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 07:23:32 PM »
Sorry schmidthouse, with all due respect, please stay in your lane, you have no formal relationship with the AVAST company or staff. 

We definitely have different standards for acceptable business practices and customer expectations.  Like I said, there is NO excuse for this kind of formal response to an obvious and severe product flaw...as well as the company's abilities or lack of same to process timely refunds for a product that never should have been offered to the public or their customers until it was fully tested and bug free.

This makes absolutely NO sense for a business with assumed goals of being technological leaders in this industry.

Had I known, I NEVER would have dealt with this company, and would NEVER recommend them to anyone else.

Take care schmidthouse, I acknowledge your opinions, and agree to disagree strongly with it.

Please let me know if you can recommend any AVAST staff member IDs who CAN help resolve these issues for all of us who do have problems with Grime Fighter software?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 07:53:31 PM »
Just telling you the way it is from my experience and assisting on the forum.
I'm not talking about standards, I'm telling you the reality.
Did I say I supported it, if you take the time to read you might see that I don't!!

If you feel bashing anything on this forum will get you the result you desire,,,,,,,have at it
I was offering the most recent information, maybe an AVAST Team member will come by and read your opinion. :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 08:58:22 PM »
No reason why these should go unanswered and even noticed one of the AVAST staff had responded to one of these comments
A ticket will not go unanswered. Why would someone from avast respond here? They are busy handling the tickets, and supplying multiple/changing ticket is not really helping them to be able to handle them in a short time.
NO EXCUSE for this lack of action/response by AVAST.
They will respond/take action. Just have patience.
If they can process payments immediately, there is no reason (s) why refunds cannot be processed just as quickly.
Yes there is. They have to check if a request for a refund is valid and they can't help it if a bank is slow.
I suppose they have a different standard in Prague, than US?
Ofcourse there is a difference between Europe and the US. Other country (part of the world), other laws. And there seems to be another difference. We still know what patience is.
Any ideas how to get support from AVAST regarding refund requests.
One ticket with a request, reason, information like customer number, order number and such is enough.

As explained many times...
Sending in multiple tickets/changing existing one(s), will put you back at the bottom of the stack.

Could things be improved?
Ofcourse they can, and be happy with it.
If everything was perfect, what a boring world this would be ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 11:01:14 PM »
I sadly have to enter this debate as well.  I purchased Grimefighter after being a long satisfied Avast user.  In fact it is the reputation of Avast that made me decide to invest.  My experience of Grimefigher was better than some ... it ran happily for over two hours and then told me it was there problem, not mine ... that I had found a fault in their engine.  So ... I wrote to them asking what I should do and I was told that my PC was not stable enough for it to work.  I have to say that I was quite surprised and very disappointed given that I consider my pc a very standard machine not used for anything more than the usual stuff.  What's worse is that no solution is offered at all!  When I asked what I could do to get it to work, the answer I got was "Unfortunately It means that Your PC configuration is not compatible with the current version of Grimefighter". 

So I have exercised my right to cancel within 14 days as per the digital river t&c's ... let's see if I get my money back.

I think Avast may have made an error purchasing this company - it's dragging their reputation down. Certainly has for me.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 11:13:33 PM »
Andrew, please start your own thread and provide details.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 10:15:10 AM »
Hi N4131,

I am very sorry for your frustration in this case.  I have contacted our Refund team to immediately take care of your refund request.  It should get processed today and then can take a few days for the bank to process on their end.  Please be sure though that this is being expedited on our side.

Once again sincere apologies for this