Author Topic: Silently Installing Avast via Batch file on Startup  (Read 6009 times)

REDACTED

Silently Installing Avast via Batch file on Startup
« on: November 04, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Has anyone used a batch file to run the .exe installer for avast? I'm thinking about running it on start up for all users and I can't seem to find any information on the different installation options for the product. I've seen people mention /silent and /verysilent for the free version; do these apply as well here?

I'm also deploying a shutdown script to uninstall our previous AV software. Below is the script if anyone is interested or has input.

@echo off
reg query "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Avast Software"
if %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 (
   msiexec.exe /uninstall {0A2163CB-4F47-44AA-A219-36133260CF17} /quiet
   msiexec.exe /uninstall {88DD46EF-0D38-4C3A-A4DB-3BCC69F234C0} /quiet
)

Thanks

REDACTED

Re: Silently Installing Avast via Batch file on Startup
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:44:10 PM »
I would be interested in what you find out. Also do you install the exe located at https://edu.avast.com/en-us/#edu/support and are free users eligible for console management? each time I try and install it asks for a license I don't have.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 06:46:15 PM »
I created the install using the console (http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/enterprise-administration-user-guide.pdf page 72). You then run a discovery task which locates and activates the clients. Just can't seem to find any of the install options on admin guide.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:12 PM »
where did you download the console installer?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 11:00:52 PM »
3 steps make Installation package- make task- run task

1-Once the Installation package is made under Installation packages.
2- You need to go to Tasks-Client-side tasks-Deployment tasks. Right click Deployment tasks then Create new. Then look for install and select installation package that you previously made in the dropdown box click ok. Now you just made a Task "Unnamed"
3- Now you can run task on computers under Dynamic computer groups-Computers without Agent.
Right click computers and select run task on computers-deployment tasks-"Unnamed"

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 12:00:42 AM »
I just seen that you can not leave task 'unnamed".