Author Topic: Outlook provider waiting für subsystem  (Read 3708 times)

schmidtp

Outlook provider waiting für subsystem
« on: August 27, 2005, 05:59:12 PM »
Hi,

I´m using Avast 4 (4.6-691) home on my old PC with XP prof and SP 2, and it worked very well for a long time. Some time ago I found out, that the provider Outlook/Exchange is obviously not working as "Provider is waiting for starting a subsystem" (translated from German, perhaps different wording in English). The Outlook Add-In-Manager for avast! 4 is enabled, but does not start.

I also have for some time the problem, that I cannot send emails with attachments more than about 600 KB. I get the message, that SMTP-server is not answering. Small emails are no problem. If this is resulting of the same, I don't know.

Besides, I have running Microsoft AntiSpyware, but no other virus-scanner.

As I am sure that because of this problem my emails are not scanned I ask for your help.

Peter

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Outlook provider waiting für subsystem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 07:10:46 PM »
I believe the provider will show waiting for Sub System if you haven't got MS Outlook started.

Try increasing the timeout delay in MS Outlook. Whilst avast is scanning your outbound email, Outpost believe the email has gone and is waiting for a response from the server, there is no server activity (because the email hasn't cleared the avast scan) and that is what Outlook is reporting.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

schmidtp

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 07:21:22 PM »
thanks for the hint for the second problem. I increased the servertime and hope it will work in future.

to the "waiting" problem. Of course, Outlook is started all time. Although the message comes, that the provider is waiting.

thanks
Peter

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 07:27:16 PM »
Outlook is started all time.
Peter, David is talking about MS Outlook (full) and not Outlook Express.
You're saying that even with Outlook running the provider is waiting for it (subsystem)?
Is the avast! plugin enabled into Outlook settings?
The best things in life are free.

schmidtp

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 07:55:34 PM »
yes, I mean Outlook, too (not Express). And Outlook is running and it says, it is waiting.
Yes, the plug-in is enabled in the Outlook settings (I hope, "Add-in-Manager" is´only another wording in the german version for plug-in, but I think so).

It has already worked for a long time without any problem. But unfortunately I don´t know since when not (new installation of ...?). I did not look definitely for such things.  :(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 08:09:42 PM »
To make sure the avast plugin is not disabled into MS Outlook:
Outlook 2003 > Help > About > Disabled items
Outlook 2000 > Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager.

You can always try to 'repair' your avast! installation through Control Panel (while connected to the Internet).
The best things in life are free.

schmidtp

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 08:33:52 PM »
thank you very much. This was very helpful. The plugin was really disabled although in the settings it was not. Now it is working again.

thanks again.
Peter