Author Topic: mail shield  (Read 11886 times)

m53rd

mail shield
« on: February 01, 2003, 03:40:58 AM »
[shadow=red,left,300]I installed avast! 4 and the mail shield for Eudora. So it set up the e-mail to parrade through the shield. I did not realise this immediately, but when I could not send an e-mail, I realised that avast! was the one that changed the settings. The problem? My ISP requires your return address to match the account they give you. Since the main username had been changed, the return address had too since I had not specified a separate one. I think avast! should either work around this potential problem, or send a flag to notify users[/shadow][/color]

« Last Edit: February 01, 2003, 03:43:34 AM by m53rd »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:mail shield
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 11:48:22 AM »
Hmm, this is an interesting problem.
Doesn't Eudora let you have a different name for the server account and e-mail address (the thing before @)?

And, do you have problems only with sending, or also receiving the mail?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Pavel Baudis

Re:mail shield
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 01:11:07 PM »
Doesn't Eudora let you have a different name for the server account and e-mail address (the thing before @)?

Eudora has three different fields: Real name, Return address and Login name. Only Login name is changed by avast PopWiz program. The question remains however what happens if some of the fields are empty - does Eudora fill them automatically?