Author Topic: okay, i got it figured out - finally  (Read 5701 times)

mark_f

okay, i got it figured out - finally
« on: March 18, 2003, 04:44:43 AM »
Okay, I figured out the avast! 4 interface. not good, though, when i have to go looking through the forums to find out how to enter the registration key. Why isnt' there clear instructions saying: "Right-click the avast! icon in the notification area/system tray to access registration information, main program...."?

Oh well, now that it's working now, it looks like a decent program.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:okay, i got it figured out - finally
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 08:57:54 AM »
Mark,

Why isnt' there clear instructions saying: "Right-click the avast! icon in the notification area/system tray to access registration information, main program...."?

Well, if you received the registration key by e-mail, the instructions were in the mail, weren't they? The following text is copied from the mail message you should have received:

------[snip]--------
Insert the key into avast!4 this way:
1) Right-click the blue icon representing the resident protection (a) in system tray and choose "About avast!", or in simple interface choose MENU -> ABOUT AVAST!.
2) Press the "License key" button in lower right corner.
3) Enter the license key into prepared text field.
4) Press OK.
------[snip]--------

OK, I admit, this info could be on our web pages as well, but... ;)

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

mark_f

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 12:47:11 PM »
Heh, you got me :P I didn't read that far down in the email. I'm just used to finding Help on the console screen of most progs.

Just a quick question: will avast! detect Macro.Word97.Marker.ae virus? My gf had an alert from Kaspersky (before I took that off and put on avast!), but I haven't had a warning since. Wondered if it may have been a false alarm.

Well, thanks anyway.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 01:03:54 PM »
Just a quick question: will avast! detect Macro.Word97.Marker.ae virus? My gf had an alert from Kaspersky (before I took that off and put on avast!), but I haven't had a warning since. Wondered if it may have been a false alarm.

Sure, avast! should be able to detect it (actually it should detect all viruses that are in-the-wild, i.e. that you will ever see in your life), but the only way to make really sure about this particular file is to send it to us to analyze it. You can send it, e.g., to the address support@avast.com .

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.