Author Topic: Karma and Badges processing is ready  (Read 71658 times)

Offline OndraM

Karma and Badges processing is ready
« on: November 12, 2014, 12:10:42 PM »
Today we finalised analysing account history so you should see all you Karma and Badges correctly. If not, please report it here.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Karma and Badges processing is ready
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »
At my.avast.com it still says beta.
A small thing that need to be changed i.m.o.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:24:41 AM »
Mine also is still stated as being the Beta version... Please help :-)

Offline OndraM

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:09:04 AM »
It will stay a Beta for a while. At least until the real rewards (licenses, etc.) will be published. Otherwise it would not be a much a of "rewards" feature.  ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 12:41:40 PM »
Ahhh I see, okay it all makes to me now ha ha thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 01:30:10 PM »
Today we finalised analysing account history so you should see all you Karma and Badges correctly. If not, please report it here.

According to what MartinZ wrote at Karma points/bages not getting activated if we don't see all our Karma and Badges correctly it might take some time to update.
we apologize for the problems but for current Avast Account users the history will be added in the next 2 weeks. There is some computing part needed to scan the history of all accounts and assign the points, so please give us little bit more time.

You're saying we should report it right away?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »
This topic certainly succeeds to old topic reference that you quoted.

As in:
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 07:08:28 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that.
I just wanted to make sure with OndraM whether or not we should wait a little before we report.
I don't think that a storm of people who have this issue, like me, will be a good idea in a case we indeed should wait...

So, storm ahead! (I guess...)

I didn't get the Community Member badge although I set the "Participate in the avast! community" a long time ago.
Unsetting and resetting it won't help...
I attached two screenshots.

In addition, I don't have the Long-Term badge although I'm using avast! with my account for way more than a year.
From when is it counting? If it's from more than a year back - than I have another missing badge...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:15:44 PM by Oz Edri »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »
Hello Oz, thanks for report. I checked it. Long-time membership is counted since you registered and because you registered your Avast Account on 6th December 2013 you should get your badge pretty soon but not yet.
I see, that you are a member of Avast community now. But I am right, that you still didn't upgraded to Avast 2015? Only current version of Avast is sending gamification events. Old versions are not supported.
In the export record I don't see flag, that you are community member. Can you confirm, that you were using Avast actively during last three months and at the time you were Avast community member?

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 02:04:31 AM »
Thanks a lot for your reply!
As for the Long-Term badge - I'll wait.
As for the Community Member badge - I was indeed using avast actively, and I'm on an older version (2014.9.0.2021) since it won't automatically update the program although it's set to do so.
I'm waiting with the manual update since I'm waiting for Avast support team to answer my ticket since it's an ongoing issue for more than a year now.

REDACTED

avast Free Antivirus recommendation links
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:45 AM »
In my Avast Account page there's an option to send a download link with my tag so avast will register my recommendation and grant me extra karma points and a free Internet Security license after a number of downloads.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »

I downloaded the mobile backup app (200 karma), attached a google+ account (50 karma) and ran a full scan but none of them were added to my Avast account.

REDACTED

Re: avast Free Antivirus recommendation links
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »
In my Avast Account page there's an option to send a download link with my tag so avast will register my recommendation and grant me extra karma points and a free Internet Security license after a number of downloads.

Add 1. It actually doesn't matter which link you will use to get karma points. All that links points to add your recommendation id to the Avast installer.
Add 2. I don't think it's possible.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

I downloaded the mobile backup app (200 karma), attached a google+ account (50 karma) and ran a full scan but none of them were added to my Avast account.

Hello Aron, thank you for being interested in Avast rewards. Because of technology karma points are not processed on the fly, but it has some delay. But events were captured and as I see now your karma points should be fine.

Offline keloo05

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »
In the last week or so, I made 2 or 3 recommendations but that din't unlock the badge and I was not given the karma for the first recommendation. Can someone tell me when are they going to be registered? Thank you.